Chapter Twenty-Eight

The next day when Cassie was at work she approached Ms Robins, "Hey, Ms Robins can I tell you something?" the redhead walks up to the curly brunette woman,

"Of course, Elizabeth". The woman answers as she takes the glasses off her nose and holds them in her hand.

"I was talking to my friend yesterday and he has a spare room in his house... and I was considering moving in with him." Cassie dubiously says as she fiddles with her sleeve,

"Well, if you do choose to move in with your friend. I still wondering if you would like to keep the job?" the older woman says curiously.

"Id like to keep the job, only if that okay with you." she politely says with a smile, to which the older woman gives a nod and a smile.

"of course, Elisabeth. id hate to lose one of my best workers." Ms robins jokes with a grin on her face,

"Thank you so much. I can't thank you enough for how much you've helped me over the two years I've been in Brooklyn for." Cassie says with a smile. But before she can walk away Ms Robins asks her another question.

"You wondering, when will you be moving into his place?" Ms Robins asks and the latter thinks for a second,

"During this week, hopefully. I'm going to have to get Bucky to help me move my thing. You know, Kill two birds with one stone." She jokes and the two share a laugh before going back to the task at hand.

A few days after the conversation, cassie stuck to her word. she was moving out of Robins Boutique to Steves house. "How many clothes does one girl need?" Bucky taunts as Cassie walks out of the backroom with the third box.

"It's not all clothes, some are books. makeup, my sewing kit. A few blankets and other things." Cassie shrugs but sniggers ats the face of Bucky names when he looks at all the boxes.

"I even have my costume for when I was performing." Cassie casually replied while motioning to the boxes on the floor, while her other hand stays on her hip.

After Mark Bishop finding out about cassie big secret, the news spread like rapid fire. After a couple of months, basically, everyone in the local areas knew about her past in the circus. Most people were understanding, but there were always the few that thought she was weird. But of course, she tried to push them aside and get on with her life. Even if there were a few comments that got to her, she tried to control her anger.

But her anger situation was a different story, she didn't tell anyone not even Steve and Bucky. But gradually over the years, she's noticed something off about her. But like always pushed it aside, again like most things that weren't important in her life. But she can't help but notices that anytime she gets infuriated or disconsolate. Something happens, it's only small, like a door flinging open, or a pot falling off the counter. But there was this one time when a vase shattered out of nowhere, water splashed everywhere. It was like someone triggered it.

"You know, I'm happy you're moving in with Steve. He needs someone to help him get through Sarah's death." Bucky says as the two make their way down the street, to Steve apartment.

"I just feel like I might be intruding in his space," Cassie admits while readjusting the box in her hand.

"I think it's good that he has someone on the same boat as him." Buckys glances over at Cassie to see her with face shock on her face,

"That is so mean." She scoffs and rolls her eyes at her charming boyfriend.

"But it's true though, Doll," he says with his perfect smirk, to which Cassie rolls her eyes again.