Chapter Twenty-Nine

Walking down the boardwalk at Rockaway Beach, saltwater fills everyone's noses. "We should go down to the beach," Cassie says with a smile, getting over-excited.

"Of course, gingerbread," Bucky says as the two walk hand in hand.

"Should I feel like I third wheel?" Steve says with a small smirk,

"I mean, if you want to feel like a third wheel, go for it." The ginger jokes, looking over at her blond friend.

"Thanks, Cass," Steve says sarcastically, with a nod.

"Your welcome." She reply's with a smirk.

After three make their way down to the beach, lots of kids play in the water and people laying on the sand.

"You brought spear clothes, right?" Bucky asks the two, and both nodding their head.

"Why'd you ask?" Steve curiosity turns his head, looking at Bucky.

"No, just wondering." He cheekily replies with,

"Wait, can any of you actually swim?" Cassie asks as she lifts her head off Bucky's shoulder,

"Sort of, if I wanna join the army I need to be able to swim." Steve chimes in, and Cassie raises an eyebrow in the air.

"When did you wanna join the army, Steve?" She asks, shocked at what she heard.

"My Dad was in the army. I wanna serve our country in battle." He says with a proud smile. As the two look concerned,

"What?" Steve asks as he sees the couples face.

"No offence pal, but do you really-"

"What I think Bucky is trying to say is that, are you sure you wanna join the army? It's hard work you know." She informs him and he nods his head stubbornly,

"Of course I wanna join the army. I know it's hard work, but no pain no gain right?" He says,

"Pal, I don't even think you could survive the training, let alone going out to fight." Bucky tries to get him to change his mind.

"Do you two really think I won't be able to make it in the future with the army?" The blond asks shocked that his friends don't believe in him.

"No-"

"Of course we do. And I'll say it again, I believe that anyone can get what they want if they believe in it." Cassie says with a smile, but she knew that is Steve somehow manages to get into the army. That Bucky's right, he won't even survive the training let alone going into a fight.

"Thank you, Cass," Steve says appreciated his gingerbread friend,

"Pal, it's not that I don't believe in you- Cause I do. It's just, worried about all the training and stuff like that." Bucky says, trying to redeem himself,

"Thanks, Buck," Steve says, before the three friends go into another yet comfortable silence, just looking out at the sea.

Through all the noise, Bucky can still hear Cassie stomach grumbles. After about ten minutes of comfortable silence, sometimes filled with a thought that came to one of their minds, the three get up to get food.

"What food should we get? Hotdogs? Corndogs?" Bucky's names as they walk through the carnival,

"Corndogs. I say we get corndogs. You okay with that Stevie?" Cassie turns looks over Bucky's shoulder to see Steve nod his head.

"Corndogs it is." The brunette says with a grin, as he drags the blond and redhead through the crowd.

Soft 'Sorry's and 'excuse me's come out of Steve as he bumps into people. But eventually, the three make it to a corndog stand.