Chapter 37

Shiho could still feel his touch linger on her shoulders. And she was still quite confused with the whole thing. Was he doing it to get Ran jealous? Maybe he wanted hug. 

This dude must be tired of his broken heart. 

She didn't think too much into it, she just didn't expect Kudo to be the type of guy to get all emotional all of a sudden. 

Perhaps it's the antidote side effect?

"I really hope no one saw it," she walks into her room and drops everything down on the bed in a weary slump, "especially not Ran, don't want her to get the wrong idea". 

And the picture of Heiji's evil smile appeared in her mind, he had been the only one who saw (as far as she knows) wiggling his eyebrows at them before being slapped back to reality by Kazuha. 

She picked her phone in hopes for a familiar name to jump out at her, nothing. 

I should go to sleep now. She puts down her phone. 

It's late. 

_______________________

Shinichi strolls along the moon lit streets with his jacket slung over his shoulder. His heart in tangled up knots and his head in an illogical mess. He has never in his life had a problem with solving problems, coming up with deductions, and using logic to find the answer. But to fix a heart's ache is not something logic can deduce. How does one find the truth that prevails for a broken heart?

Fuck, what's happening to me?

He slumps down on the bench near the dim street lamp, digging his hands into his heads. 

Beep, beep

Heiji's name flashed on his screen. He thought about letting the phone ring on and just not pick up, he was probably just gonna go on about some random argument he and Kazuha and had. 

He juggled it in his head for a few seconds before deciding it might be something important. 

"Dude why you calling so lat-"

"BRO I SAW WHAT HAPPENED YOU DID NOT LET IT SLIP FROM ME"

He backs away from the phone a bit to avoid his eardrums bursting out. 

"DUDE DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING FOR THAT LITTLE SCIENTIST?" he continues screaming, "YOU KNOW I WAS JUST JOKING ABOUT IT EARLIER,"

Shinichi slaps his head in exasperation, "dude I do not-"

"I SAW THAT HUG," he continues, "YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT'S WAS NOTHING". 

"Look I was tired, and I think she understands, we've been friends for so long it's not that weird..." his voice drains off. 

"You're lying to yourself dude". 

He pauses for a minute and gathers he thoughts just like how he would when he faces a challenging case. Except this time he didn't seem to have much of an idea what's happening in his brain. 

"I know that I do not feel that way to her," he starts, Heiji patiently listening on the side, "I can't feel that way towards her, I think, I think-". Shinichi sighs and hangs his head down, "just the whole think with Ran is messing with me and I'm afraid that I'm going to convince myself that I like Shiho but I don't but then the problem is what if I do and I'm conviching myself that I don't like her when I do which is not going to happen because I don't like her but in this what if scenario-"

At this point, the detective of the west was already lost in his dramatic speech. 

"So you still like Ran," 

"Yes dude of course, she was my first love," 

Really? Do you still love her? Or are you convincing yourself you're not over her?

"And Shiho?"

"I don't think so," he answers sliding his eyes towards the ground, "I just really wanted someone there for me today, I really needed that hug". 

"Why didn't you talk to her," Heiji questions, "to Ran," 

Shinichi stays silent, he wouldn't be stressing his brain cells out here in the middle of the night if he knew the answer to that. He thought he was getting over her, that she didn't need to be in his life anymore, when he still held feelings for her? 

Why was that a question, I do have feelings for her.. how can someone lose feelings of years so quickly in a few months?

"Maybe, I didn't want to," his voice drops, "I wouldn't know how to".

Heiji on the other line, who is on the way back to the hotel on the bus with Kazuha snoring cluelessly beside him, purses his lips in his friends inability to figure out his feelings. Like seriously, you can solve a world mystery but you can't solve you own problems. 

"I'd say sleep on it," he advices him, "just ya know, go with the flow".

"DID YOU SAY SLEEP WITH HER??" Shinichi freaks out on the other side, his data had cut out for a second on his call, "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

"WHAT THE HELL DUDE WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU I TOLD YOU TO SLEEP ON IT," his loudness nearly awakes Kazuha, "NOT WITH HER, YOU DEAF DUDE?"

"OH, you scared me for a second Jesus," Shinichi chuckles awkwardly in his head. 

"Who's her anyways huh Kudo?" 

"What do you mean?"

"Who did you think of when I said her,"

"I-I I don't know-, who else could it be it must be her," and he hangs up quickly before Heiji could make another smug comment about his current situation. 

A/N: I guess we won't know who 'her' was heheheh