Chapter 25

Agasa chuckles evily on the sidelines, nodding his head in amusement at the complicated sight in front of him. He was reffing the game, but his attention was focused more on the teens/adults, which he must say was more exciting to watch than the boring match. He had witnessed the whole thing fold out.

Poor Shiho hahaha

He didn't know who he would support, on one hand Shinichi and Shiho had been partners in crime through thick and thin, promising to protect one another, to the point where they would sacrifice their lives, but Rei and Shiho just, works. Maybe it's their differences, but he can't put a finger on it.

We'll wait and see I guess.

He's like the audience and watching a movie, and he's not complaining.

________________________________________________

Next morning

Shiho had gotten up super early to cook some good breakfast for the last day, before they set out walking back to their car at the bottom of the mountain.

As much as she wanted to go back home and sleep on her warm and cozy bed, she will admit that this trip had been very eventful.

Indeed, very eventful.

She had noticed that the antidote hadn't worn out on either her or Kudo yet, which can go both ways, that either this antidotes permanent, or it's just very unstable because you can't predict when it would deactivate.

"I personally think I did the better job at teaching you,"

"You know, you always seem to pop out of nowhere when you talk to me,"

"Oi, don't blame me, the author keeps on making my entrances like this,"

A/N: hehehehe

"You realise it was not necessary for you to come yesterday right," she eyes him, "Kudo was already doing his job".

"But you liked it better when I helped, didn't you," he smirks smuggishly, winking at her, "I know you did".

"As matter of fact, I didn't," she folds her arms defensively, "but I see that you just couldn't resist to help me since you're so obsessed with me".

He chuckles, "well you got that dead right," his eyes purposefully looking straight into hers in a flirtatious fashion.

The sizzling sausages and eggs emit a flavourful smell as Shiho watched over them carefully to make sure it doesn't burn. She went for a western style breakfast to switch things up a bit. She had remembered her times when she stayed in America and her parents had cooked this everyday. It was simple but delicious.

"Can I try it," he reaches to grab it before getting slapped away by Shiho, "ouchh,"

"You can eat when everyone else eats too,"

He pouts innocently.

Suddenly, he walks away without warning quite hastily. She turns around, only to see his back and his phone held beside his ears in a serious way. His voice was hushed and she fails to hear anything.

She frowns, it was the second time.

A hint of charcoal starts to appear on one of the sausages.

She tries to ignore it, by telling herself that it's nothing. But the more she tries to distract her mind about other things like what's she going to buy next or what fashion style to try out next, the thought just comes back like whirlwinds hitting back at her.

Forget about it.

It's not your business.

What if he's in trouble?

It'll be fine.

Why would he not tell me about it?

From the outside, Shiho had her face relaxed and focused on cooking the food. She had that facade on again, but in the inside, questions are screaming at her and she can't help but let her curiosity and uncertainty overpower her.

____________________________________________

"Oi, oi oi, come here,"

Mitsuhiko gestures his friends over to him in their small tent. They had gotten up a few minutes ago, but all three of them had resulted in laying in bed until Agasa had to personally jolt them up. Mitushiko had been staring outside the little crack from tent and looking straight at Shiho, who he found rather unsettling.

"Hear me out," he whispers, covering his mouth as if other people could see him, "don't you think it's rather suspicious,"

"What's suspicious?" Ayumi asks, quite oblivious to what he has to say.

"Shiho!" He exclaims, confused as to how they havent figured it out, "she is so much like Haibara, maybe too much,"

"Thats cause they are cousins," Genta suggests indifferently, rubbing his eyes.

"No but its suspicious how once Haibara went, Shiho just miraculously cane," he insists, "dont you see it?"

"I mean you kinda have a point but-"

"Nah this dude is probably just sad Haibara's not here," Genta jokes.

He blushes shades of pink, "no that is not why, and even Shinichi and Conan, its just weird-"

"Kids up you get," Agasa yells from outside, "its time for breakfast".

"Oh yayy!" Genta jumps up in excitement and rushes outside.

"Lets go Mitsuhiko" Ayumi waves him over.

He sighs, "coming".