The adventures of Sleepy Stan, Bertrude and Gay J

I walk out whilst he's still trying to get his head around what I said and answer me, leaving him to his own thoughts. I walk back to detention, knowing I can't go anywhere as I don't have a car, and I heard that Crazy Joe would be around the streets tonight from some gossip girls.

"Hey Devon. Why are you here?", James asks me, confused as anything. He was helping Kerry and the others whilst I told the guys about how I have detention tonight. I just sit down next to him.
"I'm here to make balloon animals for Stan's birthday", I say, pointing in the vague direction of Sleepy Stan.
"Isn't his name Kyle?", James asks me, having looked behind him when I mentioned Stan.

"Well, I call him Sleepy Stan. I've gotten used to calling him that and it will take too much effort to start calling him Kyle now", I tell James, making him laugh.
"So where's the detention teacher?", I ask him.
"She's left. It was Miss Karen. She went off to the teachers lounge to grade some papers", he says.
"Or she might have gone to drool over Mr Evan", I say, still having trouble taking that image out of my mind.

"What?", James asks me, looking repulsed by the idea of them.
"I was in the middle of a flirt scene. Only Miss Karen was the only one flirting, and Mr Evan was trying to get away from her as fast as he could", I say, grinning at the sad life of Miss Karen. I'm pretty sure she knows that he is married. And has a child. She is seriously delusional if she thinks that Mr Evans would go for her. I can't believe I'm even thinking this, but Mr Evans is a little out of her league. And that's Mr Evans. He doesn't even have a freaking league!

"Miss Karen is way too desperate, because I saw her chatting up the principal yesterday in the hallway", James says, and we start laughing over Miss Karen's sad life. At one point, I start to feel bad for her, but it quickly passes when she comes back in at half past.

"This detention is supposed to be a silent one. No talking, no laughing, and no doing anything!", she snaps, obviously in one of her worse moods. I bite my tongue back from saying 'so we can't breathe?'.

"Kyle, stop silently imitating me!", she snaps again, making Sleepy Stan jolt into the real world from his daze.
"Miss, can't I go home now?", he asks her, moaning.
"No. This is detention. You have another half hour", she says, gritting her teeth.
"But it's my birthday", he says, pleading with her.
"Well, you should have thought of that before you flashed your bare bottom to Mrs Briggs", she tells him.

I bite my lip to stop me from laughing at that. Oh man, I wish I was there when that happened. Not to see his butt, but to see Mrs Briggs reaction. Mrs Briggs is practically a nun. She doesn't like emotions, reads the bible while we do work in her class (everyday) and when the janitor tried to flirt with her, she told him that she was saving herself for God. Haha. I'm not sure God would want to go out with her.

"But she's an English teacher and she said no buts. What the hell else was I supposed to write?", he rants.
"However? On the other hand? Even though?", she suggests.
"What the hell are you talking about?", Sleepy Stan asks, his eyes scrunched up in confusion.
"Anyway, I protested. She said no buts, I found a way around that", he says, quite proud with himself.

"By showing her your behind?!", Miss screeches, astounded.
Sleepy Stan just smiles, beaming at her. I couldn't be more proud of him. Miss sighs loudly and looks around the room.
"You three are still here. Looks like Jonah is a no-show", Miss Karen says, looking at her list of people on detention.
"I'll be back in half an hour to let you all out. If any of you leave before then, it will be an automatic row of detentions for a week. Breaks and lunches included", she informs us.

She leaves the room.
"That is awesome. You flashed your butt at her? Damn, I wish I'd seen the look on her face", I say, turning around to look at Sleepy Stan.
"Oh, it was priceless. She looked like she was gonna barf. And then she started hyperventilating, then covering her eyes and yelling like she was blinded or something", he says, laughing at the memory of it.