A Birthday that could never tear us apart- part 1

It's Ryan's birthday, and I've had to help distract him and keep him from the surprise all week. Now, I have four hours left to distract him. It's eight o'clock in the morning. We all had a sleepover at Kerry's house. Well, not a sleepover to be exact. Kerry and the girls did whatever they did. And I, not wanting to have a face pancake on my face, decided to hang out with the guys with Rachael.

We watched a soccer match, and then we all came together and played some games.

"Why don't we get the girls and go to lazer tag or something?", Ryan asks, sounding bored out of his skull. I had been left with him, along with Rachael, James and Kayleigh. Yes, Kerry and Kayleigh made up a few days ago. They both said sorry and, although they aren't exactly the best of friends like before, they still interact and everything. Just not as much.

I can understand that.

"We can't. They are held up doing some work on the talent show", James says, the lie coming straight through without any hesitation or stammering.
"Okay. Well, what shall we do?", he asks us all.

"Why don't we go to the café around the corner? I really need one their frappachinos right now", Rachael says.
We all start walking there, sit down in a booth and James gets up to get the drinks. Everyone gets frappachinos except me. I would love to, but I need to save up money still. I can't spend spend spend like all of the others do. I have limits and responsibilities. I need to take care of myself.

Whilst James has gone to get the drinks, I get a phone call. I take my phone out of my pocket and look at the screen.
"Um...I'm just gonna go outside", I say, getting out of my seat. I walk outside and wait for her to call again. She always calls twice at once. If you don't pick up the first time, she calls again. If you don't pick up the second time, she waits ten more minutes if there's something important she has to say.

This must be important.

"Nikki, always great to get a call from you", I say sarcastically.
"Same back. Listen, Trey wants you to come to the building on Monday at 10am", she tells me.
"What for?", I ask, knowing that she wouldn't waste a phone call on me if it was just training.

"Just come", she tells me, sounding like she just wants to hang up the phone.
"Why can't you just tell me what for?", I ask her, suspicious.
"Because I don't even know! Now, come on Monday at 10am. Bye", she says, hanging up.

I put my phone back in my pocket and walk back in, sitting down in front of a frappachino.
"Um...I didn't want one", I say, knowing that everyone has one and this can't be anyone else's.
"I know. But I bought you one", James says, drinking his frappachino. I decide I will pay him back later. I still owe Mark a lot of money for all that he's done, but I'll pay him back. Definitely.

We all just talk and talk for a while. We play paper football with bits of napkin rolled into balls.

After a while, Ryan gets bored.
"The girls must be done now. I just want to spend my birthday with all of you....and some hot girls. Is that so much to ask for?", Ryan asks.
"Well, we wanted to spend some time with some cool, hot guys who aren't moaning, or stupid and stopped weeing their pants before the age of 7", Rachael says.
"Hey! That was not my fault! I couldn't find the toilets! You would think that a shop would have clear signs pointing to where the goddamn toilet is!", Ryan says, defending himself.

I end up spluttering like an idiot along with the others.
"It was in a bold font, huge and right above your head, you fool", Rachael says, laughing.
"Well, that fool just happens to be making fifty more dollars", Ryan says, holding out his hand.
"Hey, that doesn't count!", Rachael says.
"Actually, it's one hundred dollars. Because you called him stupid and ugly, and then you called him a fool", James says, gaining a kick to the leg under the table.