Nothing Left

Authors note-
This is the last chapter of Not Important. The very last one. And I have found the greatest song to go with it: Maybe Tomorrow by Stereophonics. So play it, read this, and comment. Oh and read the author's note in the next chapter.
.................

There was a funeral. A small one. There was a priest. A coffin that I had bought out of all the money I had left from Kerry, along with the money I made when I sold my things. I buried him myself.

Then, as the priests words came to an end, I played our song. The priest went off to attend to a phone call.

"Devon", he says, as our song comes to an end. I say nothing. I have nothing to say to this man.
"Please, Devon. I'm sorry about all of this. And, I know you hate me, but I'm your legal guardian now", he tells me, but I stay where I am and look at the grave. The grave my dad is in. The grave I put him in.

Uncle Craig lays down his flowers upon the grave and bows his head for a few seconds before standing up, and walking away.

I stay with dad for the rest of the day, not wanting to leave his side. The pain that is carried with his name on the headstone is killing me. Slowly and excruciatingly. He's gone.

But he can't be gone.

I love him. No matter what he's done. And the only thing I want is for him to come back to me.

He was important to me. And still is. Even if no one else thinks so.

But he's gone.

And with that, I walk away. I walk down the streets. I keep walking. I can see a plane far up, above my head and an idea strikes me. One that brings the hatred back, boiling in my stomach.

I need revenge. I'll get revenge.

I will kill Trey.