A Birthday That Could Never Tear Us Apart-Part 2

I feel like I've been fried. A bright light is shining against my closed eyes and I can't take it any longer. I open my eyes and see a big ball of light, making my eyes water. I turn away and fall off of my bed with a splash. Ah, that's cold!

I surface and look around me, a headache panting in my head. I hold my head as if that will help, and try to piece together what is happening.

I'm in a pool. I fell off of a float. I am surrounded by other floats with my friends on them.

Ah, the party. There was a party. Ryan's. And we got drunk. And somehow ended up in a pool?

I find Rachael on a float not far away, and tread water till I get to her. There's a hat covering her face.
"Rachael", I say, hoping she'll wake up, and knowing she won't. Why? Because she's a heavy sleeper. I've been trying to teach her how to be a light sleeper, due to her request, but it's not been going so well.

I shake her arm, and she doesn't budge.

Great. I find Allison next to Rachael.
"Allison!", I say, quietly so as not to wake the others. I have a plan. I shake her awake, and hold onto the float so she won't fall in like I did. She wakes up, groggily.
"Devon?", she murmurs, rubbing her eyes and looking at me properly as she very slowly sits up.
"Oh crap. My head", she mumbles.
She looks at me, and her eyes widen.
"Wha-", she starts, but stops herself.
"What? What's up?", I ask her.
"Nothing", she says, not making eye contact with me. I decide that can wait.

"Do you want to play a trick on the others?", I ask her.
"Yeah! What are going to do?", she asks me.
............

After getting two black markers, we sail out to the pool on a float and start drawing on everyone's faces. They are so out of it. They don't wake up and some of them would wake up at the slightest sound. Half way through, Ryan walks out of the house and into the back yard, to see us.
Since when did he get out of the pool? Wait, was he even in the pool?

"What are you guys doing?", he asks us, only wearing some camouflage shorts.
"Shh! We're drawing on their faces!", I say. Which is how Ryan got into our plan.

After we've drawn on everyone's faces and made sure that everything was perfect, we turn on the speakers, and plug Ryan's phone in. He finds a great tune. A mariachi band playing its well-known, famous tune as loud as possible without, hopefully, bursting anyone's eardrums.

We get some earphones out, and all wear a pair. Then, with Ryan doing the honours, he presses play.

As soon as it starts, everyone is shooting up and falling into the water. They start splashing around, trying to get rid of the horrible noise they can hear.
"Gooooood Moooorning, Vietnam!", Ryan shouts down the microphone.
"We have a great day ahead of us! Filled with blue skies and no clouds. Summers almost here, and it's 70 degrees Fahrenheit", Ryan says and is met by many glares and shrieks.
"You are dead!", Kerry shrieks at him.
"As soon as I dry off and get changed", Kerry adds.

They all get out of the pool, but someone is still in the pool lying on a float, all dry. Rachael. How did she not hear that?!

"I've got it", Georgia mumbles, heading back. I quickly put my arm on her shoulder to stop her, an idea forming in my head. I get the microphone off of Ryan.
"Zombie apocalypse! Everyone run for your life!", I scream down the microphone.
She jumps up twenty feet in the air and splashes into the water. When she rises up, she looks around the pool.
"What are you guys doing standing there? Get in the water! The zombies can't swim!", she shouts at us.

We all start laughing at her.
"Hey, I think someone's drawn on your face", Georgia says to Kerry.
"What? Someone's drawn on your face too", Kerry says.
That's when they all finally realise that they have moustaches, unibrows, beards and all sorts on their faces. Ryan may have drawn some dîcks on the guys faces. Mark walks up to me, and puts his hands on my waist.
"You are in so much trouble", he says.
"Why? What are you gonna do about it?", I dare to ask.