Fill'er Up

/okay, so before you start reading, I just want to make something clear. This chapter is a filler chapter, which I need to do in order to proceed as planned. I have made a few differences to my plan on this story, but they're for the better. Plus, from the title, you may think that there's going to be more booze. Probably. Haha. I thought it was a cool pun, but I guess you can decide on that as I make crap jokes and think a lot of things are funny which aren't.
Seriously, I do. Anyway, you may now proceed to read/.

I throw the beer to Steve, who catches it, before I get another one out for me.
"Are you sure you should have that? You were drunk for three days. You know, with a few hangovers in between. It's not like I'm not all for that, but...you look like shit, man", Steve says.
I take the bottle cap off using the side of the counter, before taking a long swig. I slam the beer onto the counter, not enough to break it, but enough to make me want to break it.

"I know I do", I murmur.

"You would too if you lost all of your family", I tell him, trying to point at him with my index finger.
"I did lose all of my family", he tells me.
"Yeah, but they all died. They didn't choose to leave you all alone, by yourself, with no explanation as to why they l-left", I say, taking another long swig.

"Fair enough", he mumbles, taking a swig of his beer.
"Big Ed must be so great and happy that he still has his sister", I tell him.
Steve agrees with me with a nod of his head.
"Where did I go wrong?", I ask him.
"What do you mean?", he asks me.
"Where do I go wrong. I mean, I wasn't all that bad. I was kind of likeable. I tried to do the best for my family. Worked. Cleaned. Gave my dad food when he got home from drinking. Tried to bond with my mom. Forgave her every time she hit me. And with dad as well. Where did I go wrong?", I ask him.

"I don't know. Maybe it was their fault", he tells me.
"Yeah, but if it was their fault, wouldn't everyone have left them and not the other way around?", I ask him.
"Ah. Well...now you've got me stumped", he says.
"At least I have you guys. You guys are like...the only family I have left now", I tell him.
"Oh, I thought you disowned us when you left us about a year or two ago", Steve says.

I think about it.
"Yeah. But, I was wrong to do that. You're the only ones who didn't leave me....I left you guys. And I'm really sorry", I say, putting a hand on Steve's arm, so he knows that I mean it.

"You should get some sleep", Steve says, patting me on the arm before getting up and leaving.

I gulp down the rest of my beer, feeling the anger and frustration in me fill up. I hate my family. My old family, I mean. My stupid brother, Jay. Maria, the damn bitch. And daddy, the one who didn't give a shit. Oh, and my uncle who...ugh! I hate him! He could have helped us out, yet he left us to defend for ourselves!

I throw the bottle as hard as I can at the floor, imagining all of their faces and how nice it would be to get rid of them.

Then, I see all of the broken pieces of glass, and kneel down to pick them all up. I put them all in the bin, taking out a small shard that stuck in my hand.

I walk off, towards my bed, stumbling as I go.
................

Memory from three nights ago...

"I'll see you when I get back, Mark", I tell him, before hanging up.

"So...turns out I have one more thing to take care of", Trey says, as I walk up to him.
...

We drive to a really fancy part of town where there's a group of houses splayed out so that it would probably take you a ten minute walk just to get to the next house along. And it's all behind a polished gate with some technology to the side that you have to speak through to get in. Trey presses a button that says 'The Millers' on it.
"I'm here to see Jed", he says.
"Who is this?", a voice calls out through the speaker thingy.
"Will", he replies.