The Unwanted Sacrifice

I looked to Trey, watching his grin grow. He couldn't. He wouldn't.

But he would. I know he would. He hates my dad, and that's what scares me. What he could do to him.
"Don't do this", I plead with him.
"Oh. You're asking me to not do this? After all that you've done to me?", he asks me.
"I'm sorry, Trey. But, we had a deal. You help me with my problem and then you walk away. And if you see me again, you kill me. It was that simple", I tell him, my mouth running off of my face.

"Oh, Devon. I thought you knew me better than that", he says, standing so close to me I can smell his deodorant. He stands behind me, wrapping his arms around me. I would hurt him now, and run but I can't. I can't risk my dad's life. So he wraps his arms around me and turns me around with him so I face my dad, with Try still behind me.

Dad's standing there, unable to speak.
"Take the gag out", Trey says to Nikki. She does as she's told. The bitch.

"Devon. Who are these people? I told them that we don't have any money. I don't understand", he says, so confused and I feel the worst I've felt in my whole life. I did this.

"Hello, Mr White. Hey, can I call you Tom? I'm gonna call you Tom", he says.
"Tom, I was your daughter's lover. Well, before I found out she had cheated on me", he tells him.
"That's not true. We weren't toge-", I start, but Trey pushes his thumb into the T on my arm and I wince in pain.

"Anyway, she was the love of my life. We were perfect for each other. Until she cheated on me. And I, being so generous and selfless, tried to help her take care of a little issue-", Trey says.
"What issue? What issue was it, Devon?", dad asks, turning from Trey to me. He looks worried.

"We were getting to that, Tom", Trey says, clenching his teeth.
"Going on, I tried to take care of an issue. And I was going to carry it out until Mark came along. So, being reasonable and understanding, I offered her a deal. I would help her out and then leave, and if I ever saw her again, I would kill her", he carries on.

Dad looks like he understands now.
"Please don't kill her!", he pleads.
"Tom, I thought I told you to stop interrupting me!", Trey says, signalling to someone, and then Big Ed punches him, sending him falling to the kitchen floor.

"You bastard! Stop it!", I shout at Big Ed, as Trey tells him to keep going. He kicks him again and again.
"Stop it! Stop it! Please!", I shout, trying to go to him, but Trey's holding me back. And he's much stronger than I am.
"Okay, Ed. Stop it", Trey says, and he stops.
Dad is lying on the floor, and he spits some blood out of his mouth.

"Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you, Tom, what the issue was that your daughter wanted me to help her with", Trey says, and I stop struggling.
"Don't. Please, Trey. Don't do this", I plead with him.
"Devon was going to kill Maria, your ex-wife", Trey says.
Dad just sits there, looking up in shock. He turns to me, looking at me and I hate it.

I hate how it's his first time sober that we've actually looked each other in the eye, and it's when we're here and talking about this.
He looks to Trey.
"Get out of my house. Don't come back and don't accuse my daughter of doing something like that", he tells him.

He's standing up for me, but he's wrong to.
"Oh. You haven't told him, Devon. Well, I might as well do. You see, Tom, Devon hates Maria. Has down since she left. She hates how Maria took Jay and you away from her", he tells him.
"Is this true, Devon?", he asks me. I can't look at him. I can't look into those eyes. I look away, giving him his answer.

"Oh, and that's not all. She's killed people before. Tortured them. Stolen things, defied the law, had sex. With me, of course. Popped her cherry when she was fourteen", Trey says.
"I'm sorry, dad. I didn't-", I start.
"Boy, can you please let us go and I will deal with her myself. I promise you", he tells Trey.