Kerry's house

We pull up in front of two iron gates. Kerry speaks through a small box to her side, and the gate opens to let us in. This is not a house. It's a mansion! We park right by the steps to her front door, and we all get out. Walking up to her front door, she opens it up and I can't help but gawp at the size of the inside. There is a grand staircase right in front of us, and wide open spaces to the left and right leading to who-knows-where. An old man starts talking to Kerry about something or other, and it's only when I pay attention to them that I realise the old man is the butler. There's only Kerry, Niamh, and a few other girls here. The boys all went home. Now, we are all walking to some unknown place. Kerry stops, and only then do I realise that we have stopped in front of an elevator. An elevator! In her house!

We all get in and Kerry presses the button for the second floor. Taking a look at all of the buttons, I see that there are three floors and a basement. We arrive on the second floor and she leads us to a door, one of twelve on this floor. Her room is massive. You could fit six versions of my room in this whole room. Her bed is king-sized and she has quite a lot of stuff in here. There are some things in here that I have never seen before and don't know the name of.

"Okay. Let's get started", Kerry says, opening a door. She walks through the door and the others follow her in. I follow along, and all I can see is row after row of clothes. She asks me my size, and I tell her. She goes to the very back of her walk-in closet, and rifles through the items of clothing to the left, whilst the others look on their right. There are dresses, jeans, tops, shirts, and a lot more. How many pairs of jeans can one have? Or dresses? Kerry calls out that she's found a few things that I should try on. They tell me to get dressed in here, whilst they wait outside. Kerry told me to try the blue jeans and a white top with weird dangly pieces of cotton. That’s the first of many.

Kerry had to correct me for calling a halter top, a 'top with the straps going around the neck instead of the shoulders'. We go through a lot, and some of them I had to strongly disagree on. We ended up on black jeans and a dark green ruffle bow back camisole. With that, came shoes. As its January, I can wear a white blazer with it, and white flats. That's when they go on to my hair. They wanted to cut it, but that's where I draw the line. In the end, they decide that they can't do much about that now.

"It's getting late and we need to tell her about make-up", Kerry says.

My eyes widen at that, and my jaw slacks. Make-up. Oh no.

They tell me about the make-up that I need to wear for tomorrow, making sure that it's just the basics for today, so as not to confuse me. Lipstick, mascara, blush, and eye shadow. Once that's sorted out, Kerry packs it away for me and hands me the special bag that she has put it all in.

"Have you got a ride to school for tomorrow?", Kerry asks me.

"I normally walk to school", I tell her.

"I think it would be better if you had a ride for tomorrow. I would offer, but i'm taking my convertible, so there won't be space for you", Kerry explains.

"I'll just walk it there", I tell her, not at all bothered about walking.

She gets one of her servants to drive me home. He's her chauffeur. His name is Brian. We end up having quite a nice conversation on the way to my house. I find out quite a lot about him. I thank him for the ride before I pick up the special bag and go inside my house. Once in, I notice that dad isn't back yet, obviously. Picking up the mail, I sit down and open it. Bills, bills, and more bills. I will have enough to cover it, but that means that I am going to have to use all of my money that I earned from work, and not just half of it like I usually do. I get a drink and head to my room to do a bit of homework before going to sleep. Tomorrow will be one hell of a crazy day.