Jumping zombies and sleeping

Hey dudes and dudettes! Yes, I'm still alive. Sorry for not updating for a while. I had mock exams and have been reading some stories on Wattpad and just couldn't do anything but read. Yes, it took that long! What did you expect? It was over 70 chapters long!

Anyways, I hope this chapter makes up for it. And I will be updating a few more as I've written a lot since last time. :D
So enjoy! And please comment.

I jump awake when I feel a hand on my arm.
"What?", I ask, realising I'm still in detention.
"It's been almost half an hour", James says from beside me.

That dream wasn't the first one I'd had of him. But I haven't dreamt about him in ages, up until just now. Caleb. I start coughing on the name, hating how I can't even think it without acting up. We get into James' car and he drives off.

"So how are you and Mark?", James asks me.
"We're alright. What about you and Kayleigh?", I ask him back, not really wanting to talk right now.
"We're fine. Doing good, actually", James says, not giving much of anything away.
"Oh. And just a little heads up, it's almost Ryan's birthday", James tells me.
"What day?", I ask him, wishing someone would have told me earlier.
"In a week and three days from today", James tells me.

I nod and try to keep along with the conversation, so it will keep me from thinking about him. And I need to stop thinking about him. He's gone. Forever. And there is nothing I can do about it.

James stops the car in front of Rachael's house, and I hesitate to get out.
"Thanks James. I owe you one", I say before walking out with my bag in hand and going towards Rachael's. I knock on the door and wait for her to answer. Who answers the door is a small child. A little girl to be exact. Rachael's sister.

"Rachael, your friend is here!", she yells up the stairs. Rachael comes bounding down the stairs to her sister.
"I've told you a million times: don't answer the door. You're seven years old, it could have been a mean old man who hates kids", Rachael tells her off.
"Whatever", she says with sass, before turning around and swishing her pony tail as she walks away.

"Sorry about the S.B. queen. I have been forced to live with her for seven years, but I've been working on shipping her to a far off island on the other side of the world, far away from me", Rachael explains.
"Oh yeah. How's that coming along?", I ask, remembering how she told me about Operation: happy life. She thinks that shipping her sister off will make her life so much better, and I believe her one hundred percent.

"It's going alright. It's actually in action now. As my parents are going to Australia for their three week holiday with no children whatsoever, and she has Mrs Fernandez as her babysitter, it should be easy. Mrs Fernandez might be around her late twenties or something, but she is as dumb as a brick. So it's the perfect time to get rid of the S.B. Queen", Rachael explains in a hushed voice.

"Well, you'll have to tell me how that goes", I whisper back to her, and we walk into the kitchen to get some power-ups before we go upstairs and play the game that I can't wait to play. Rachael instructs me to get two bowls out of the cupboard. She fumbles about in the fridge and comes out with a pack of cola bottles and Mountain Dew. Then, she rushes to the cupboard at the other side of the kitchen, and grabs some popcorn, and a load of sweets and chocolates. This night is going to be awesome!
"This night is going to be awesome!", Rachael screeches.
"Dude, have you got telepathy? Because I swear you just said what I just thought", I tell her, a little freaked out, and a little shocked.

She puts the stuff in her hands down and we both put our fists in the air, punching oxygen in the damn face! (Although that probably makes no sense).
"The awesome duo!", we both shout, pick all of our supplies up and rush upstairs past the SB Queen.
"Freaks", I hear her mutter as she turns on the tv, but I don't care. And Rachael doesn't seem to care either. We rush upstairs, set everything up and put all of our sweets and chocolates in one bowl and our popcorn in the other.