No Matter What Happens

After hanging out at the building for around about a week or so, I decide that I should go back to school. I've had my pity party, and maybe too much as well, and I need to do something other than train otherwise I'll go insane. So I go back.

I haven't really talked to Kerry and the others in a while. Mark has called me and texted, and so has Rachael and Matt, but I couldn't even think of what to text them back.

Trey tried to get me to stay at the building with him and skip school for a couple more days, but I just couldn't.
.............

And so I go to school, in my old jeans, band tee and an old jacket I found in my wardrobe at the building. It's so sunny and bright outside, that I decide to take a pair of sunglasses with me. Trey has gotten better with his businesses and gang missions. He's gotten a lot more money and he can afford more things. No wonder when we ran out of beer, some more magically ended up back in the fridge.

I walk to school and notice I'm a little late. I go to first lesson and walk to my seat.
"Miss White. Nice of you to join us. Speak with me after class", the teacher says. Damn it. I was so close to not getting into trouble. I knew I should have came through the window.

Today is going to be a long day.
..............

Well, I was sent to the principal's office and I had to tell him why I was off for a whole week. I covered it up pretty well, I think, and even though I don't think he believed all of that, he believed some of it.

Whilst I'm at my locker, Kerry and the others all come up to me. I turn around to see them, not feeling in the mood to talk right now.
"Devon, where have you been? We thought you were in trouble or something", Kerry says.
"Well, I'm not. And I've been home", I tell them.
"We checked. You weren't there", Kerry says.
"Yeah. Just some old men standing in front of your house", Mark says.
"Ah. Old, Crazy Joe. And probably some new friends of his", I say, knowing that I'll find some cigarette stumps and alcohol and pîss all over the floors if I ever go there again. And maybe even two idiots screwing in my bedroom or something.

Eh, what do I care any more?
"Where were you, Devon?", Kerry asks me again.
"I was at my old work. Slept at a friends house close by there", I tell them.
"Will you stop lying to us for one second?!", Kerry exclaims.
Well, no more nice Kerry then, is it?
"Oh my god, will you stop being so clingy? I was just staying at a friends. Are you going to put me on that Dr.Peter show to see if I'm lying and to work this trivial problem out?", I ask.

"Dr. Phil. And we just want to help you, Devon", she says.
"I don't need your pity", I say, my voice getting louder. And from the seriousness of it all, I start to laugh. Damn, this is fun. Okay, I can't stop laughing. I clutch my belly and soon stop, only just. Ryan walks forward and looks at me with a weird, observant face. His eyebrows go up. He snatches my shades off of my face and gasps.

"Oh my god, you're drunk at school!"he says.
I snatch the shades back off of him, and put them back on.
"Can you keep it down or do you want me to get in major shît?", I ask him, starting to laugh at how this has turned out to be one of those really dramatic and emotional TV shows where we'll have a musical number at the end.

"Ryan, wanna join me? I got more". I say.
"Ye-", he starts, but Georgia elbows him in the ribs.
"I'll pass", he says through clenched teeth.
"So any more questions, or can I go now?", I ask them all.
"Rach, do your thing", Kerry says.
Rachael makes it to the front of the small crowd and shakes my shoulders.
"Snap out of it! Devon, don't go into the light. I'll get my exorcism book out of my locker and be right back", Rachael says, running off.

I start laughing at that.

"So no more questions?", I ask, once I've stopped laughing. Kerry looks at everyone in question. No takes.
"Devon, I need to talk with you", Mark says. He doesn't say anymore, as though waiting for me to respond.
"What?...oh, you wanna get drunk with me?", I ask, laughing my aśs off at the image of Mark getting high. Mark storms off in a mood.
"What are you on?!", Georgia asks me, disgusted.
"Da da da da dada da Tequila! Want some?", I ask her.
"Call us when it's out of your system", Kerry says, walking off and everyone else follows her.
.........