Sibling Fights

As we drive, I begin to feel antsy. I am going to meet two half-siblings that I never knew that I ever had. What if they hate me, too? What if they just throw my dad to me and push me out the door the moment I get there? What if they hate me being their sister? Oh...right...they don't know that I'm their sister. Should I tell them? But, what if they start talking to Maria about me?

Then, Maria will know I have been in her house, and hate me even more. Wait, what the hell am I talking about? She already hates me! She hates me more than she hates dad! I don't see how I can change her opinion of me, and I don't think I want to. Why should I change for her to hate me less?

By the time I have finished constantly arguing with myself in my head, we come to a stop. I look up to see a great, big house in front of us. It's almost as big as Kerry's! It looks new, and even though it is only two storey's, it looks really posh and spacious. My mom has been living in this beautiful house, whilst dad and I are barely making it in a falling-down house. I don't think it should even be called a house! I clench my fists, feeling anger shoot down my spine.

"Cool. Who's house is this?", Mark asks me.

I would love to lie to him right now, but I don't think I can even make a lie up with how much anger and frustration is building up inside of me.

"Ugh. Maria's house", I say, the name dripping off of my tongue like acid.

"Who's Maria?", he asks.

"My mom".

"But, I thought you said your mom worked for a business and still lived with you", Mark says, confused.

"That was a little white lie. Anyway, if she was working for a business, I wouldn't be living in the dump I call home", I tell him, and he nods in understanding.

"So why doesn't your mom live with you?".

"Because she doesn't want to be anywhere near my dad and I. She hates us", I explain.

Mark gets out of the car, and I follow. We walk up to the big doors of the house, having gone past all of the pretty flowers in their garden. We don't even have a garden anymore! Our garden is made up of dead grass, dog shit that people don't clean up, and litter. This looks too tidy, neat, prestine, and clean. The total opposite of my dad's and mine's house. Mark rings the doorbell, and I start to hear two voices coming from inside, arguing. I look up to see that there's a peephole and someone is looking through it.

"Devon?", a voice asks, that I recognise as Michael from when we talked on the phone.

"Yeah, it's me", I say.

"You look younger than I thought you would be. And who's that ogre standing next to you?", Michael asks.

Mark looks insulted, about ready to argue back, but I speak up first.

"He's a friend. He gave me a lift here. Can you open up?", I ask, wanting to get to dad to see if he is alright.

"Wait a minute. Why should I trust you enough to let you in. I don't even know you. You could be a criminal, or a cyborg!", he says.

I roll my eyes at that.

"Michael, there is no such thing as a cyborg", another voice says.

"How do you know? Oh, are you a cyborg too?! I should have known. Maybe that means that I'm also a cyborg, as we are twins-", Michael says, babbling on.

"Just let them in, Mike", the voice that I now realise is Lilly, says.

He opens the door and I see them for the first time. Michael has blonde hair, like me, and freckles dotting his cheeks. But, he has green eyes. Lilly is the exact same, but her hair is just past her shoulders. They are identical twins. I don't know how to feel about this, about any of this. Two siblings and I didn't even know about them for ten years!