41

His Best Kept Secret
Chapter 41

4 months later.

The click of the 50th staple you made that day was enough to send an exasperated sigh through your lips. The stack of papers that sat on your desk was a reminder of the downside of being a pro-hero in a superhuman society.

Every villain, thug, or rescue was to be documented, signed, and filed neatly into every hero agency. This was to protect the agency from lawsuits and it sure was annoying. You massage your temples as you close your eyes, ready to get this shift over with.

A knock on the door made your eyes snap up to see a tall figure with red hair walk into your office. "Hey Destiny, the night shift is getting ready to take over," the sidekick, who you could not remember his name, informed you.

"Uh, thanks..." You hoped he didn't notice your hesitation and was grateful he left before asking questions.

Pushing away from the desk, you placed an All-Might paperweight over the stack of papers, deciding to file them in the morning. You grabbed your belongings and turned the light off of your office, locking the door and walking down the large hallway.  

When you arrived at your new residence, you saw the light on in the kitchen. A small smile lights up your face as you step through the door, your nose assaulted with the delicious smell of food. Kicking off your shoes and placing your belongings down, you walked into the kitchen, admiring the strong alpha who was hunched over the stove.

"Smells amazing," you say, and the alpha jumps and looks at you.

"You scared me," Shoto Todoroki claims, breathing before smiling at you.

"I thought you heard me come in," you giggle, walking over to him to look at what he was making. He was making soba and miso soup, and it all looked delicious.

"How was work?" He asks casually, preparing the dishes.

You gave a sigh, "It's been pretty boring, to be honest." You took a plate and began to set the table. "How was your day off?"

You both sit down at the table, passing the chopsticks and cups of tea to each other. He shrugged his shoulders. "I visited my mother and sister. They're both doing good."

You smiled. His mother had been released from her hospital a few years back and Shoto continued to visit her weekly. You admire his dedication to her, even after everything they've been through.

The both of you continued to make small talk while you ate, enjoying each other's company. It's been a few months since you first moved in with him, accepting a job with his agency since leaving your home city and your two alphas.

It was difficult adjusting to your new life, and you remembered the day you had called Todoroki. He came and picked you up, no questions asked, even when you didn't have a single thing other than the clothes you wore. He provided you a place to stay along with clothes, food, and a job. You hated the idea of being fully dependent on him, so you began to pay for things around the house once your job got settled in.

You left everything to Bakugo, in a way, you did to him the way he did to you. You knew it was cruel, but you needed some time to figure out who you were without having two overbearing alphas hanging over you.

You hadn't seen or talked to either Bakugo or Kirishima since that morning. It was painful, to say the least. You dreamed of them almost every single night. But how could you just move on with them? Like they both didn't put you through hell. Maybe one day you would return to them, but as of now, you were content with being on your own.