51 🌶

TW: Attempted Rape

His Best Kept Secret
Chapter 51

The man who attacked you was Ryuu Ogawa, a first-time offender. He made a bail and was released that same night. You hoped you wouldn't see him again.

You and Shoto rode home in silence, and Todoroki knew you were upset with him. He could tell by the way you pulled away from him when he attempted to hold your hand. When you walked into the house, you quickly made your way to your bedroom, desperately wanting to change out of the dress. Shoto followed after you like a puppy, his eyes holding concern.

"Can we talk, please?" He asks, and you couldn't help but feel annoyed.

"Everyone just wants to fucking talk to me. That's all I've heard all night," You miffed. You turn to glare at him. "You didn't tell me they knew where I was, nor did you tell me they wanted to talk to me. After everything they put me through, all the lies, you still stood there and lied to my face!" Your voice was steadily increasing, and you were thankful you didn't have neighbors.

Shoto's face drops; he should have known they would say something. "You're right. That was wrong of me. But my intentions were good; I wanted to--"

"Look out for me? Cuz you know what's best for me?" She shoots back. "I am so fucking sick of everyone deciding what I want! Because you know what I really want, Shoto?" You screamed at him, feeling quite hysterical. "I want to not be this stupid pathetic omega who is surrounded by overbearing, controlling alphas who care more about their dick than how they make me feel!"

Your chest was heaving, and you felt like your whole body was on fire. "GOOD NIGHT!" You shout one last time before slamming the door shut.

Shoto stood there, the feeling of dread and guilt filling him. He stared at your door for a moment, wondering if he should barge in there and demand for you to see reason. But that would only push you away from him more. Sighing deeply, Shoto turns and walks down the hallway, plopping himself on the couch. He ran his hands through his multicolored hair, feeling like an idiot.

You had asked him for one thing, to not lie to you. And yet here he was, caught in a lie. Shoto really did want what was best for you, but he also wanted you for himself. Now he may have lost all chances with you. Because of his selfish needs, he put you through the very hell he wanted to protect you from.

Leaning back against the couch, Shoto closed his eyes.

***

After showering and getting into bed, you could only stare up at the ceiling. You hated yelling; in fact, you remembered the days when you were soft-spoken and quiet. When you first met Bakugo, you were this tiny little mouse in the path of this mighty lion. Those times were so innocent and pure, and you wished sincerely to return to those blissful moments.

You remembered hanging out with your friends of class 1-A. The jokes, the laughs, the feeling of happiness surrounding you. The way Bakugo would look at you and treat you like a princess. Once the secret was out, he made it a point to show everyone how much you meant to him. Chuckling, you remembered the time the girls helped him plan Valentine's day surprise for you. How upset he looked getting all dressed up with flowers, and how that stern face melted away when he saw how happy you were.

The moments of you and Kirishima blissfully making love for a whole week straight came to mind. The times he would bring you food and everything you needed because he was so nervous about your first heat with him. His adorable concerned face when you weren't pleased with the nest you created.