14

His Best Kept Secret
Chapter 14

When you got home, you immediately received a call from Bakugo. You debated if you should answer or not, and you opted to do homework instead. Everyone would know you said yes to Todoroki by tomorrow, and Bakugo was no exception.

Reflecting on the last few weeks of school, you realize you have been silently suffering while trying to appease everyone around you. You kept your relationship a secret for Bakugo's sake; when in reality, you wanted to scream it at the top of your lungs. You've dated for years before your heat starting; why was it now any different.

You couldn't understand Bakugo's reasoning. Sure, mated pro-heroes had a more challenging time finding work. But it wasn't like it was impossible. You wished you could show how talented Bakugo was, that he didn't have to worry about a relationship interfering with getting his license and internship.

Regardless, Bakugo wasn't going to hold you back from enjoying your high school years while you patiently waited for him.

Todoroki was handsome, wealthy, and the number 2 hero's son. She would hit the jackpot if Todoroki chose her to be his mate.

But he's hot and cold personality and the declaration of mating her seemed too intense for her liking.

Then there was Kirishima, a loyal, lovable, and kind alpha that held a special place in your heart. If Bakugo were not in the picture, you would choose him in a heartbreak.

The other alphas in the class, Tokoyami, Momo, and Iida, didn't pay her much attention, and you were grateful. Being with a beta was out of the picture unless you wanted to live a life feeling half satisfied.

While lost in your thoughts, you found yourself in the shower. The steady stream was feeling good on your sore and achy muscles. With all this drama, you almost forgot you were training to be a pro-hero one day.

When you got out, you looked at your phone and noticed a stream of text from Bakugo.

Katsuki ❤️

Why won't you answer your phone, brat?

Katsuki ❤️

Are you serious right now?

Katsuki ❤️
If this is about the stupid dance, then fine I'll go.

Katsuki ❤️
Eh? What's this I hear about you and Todoroki?
Are you actually going with that bastard?

Katsuki ❤️
ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE Y/N!

You felt guilt for ignoring him, but you also felt a sense of power. You didn't say yes to Todoroki to make him jealous. No, you made a vow and you're keeping it and at the same time, you're letting Bakugo know you're not just going to fall to his feet.

After a few minutes, you decided to text him back.

You:

I am going with Todorok
because he asked me And
we're going as friends.
You should have asked me
when you had the chance.

Katsuki ❤️

...

Shaking your head, you turned your phone off and went to bed.

****

The next day you met with Uraraka at the mall to go dress shopping. You found a lovely (favorite color) dress that was high to the low-cut skirt. It had a beautiful design and was sleeveless. Probably one of the most beautiful things you've put on your body.