44

His Best Kept Secret
Chapter 44

Smoothing out the fabric of your dress, you inspected your appearance in the mirror. For such a casual gathering of friends, you felt somewhat overdressed.

After your talk on the roof, you and Todoroki had a mutual understanding. Although you were still not comfortable with the idea of letting the icy hot hero into your heart, you were no longer going to resist it. If chemistry were to happen between the two of you, you were no longer going to deny it.

However, as you prepared to go on this 'double date' with the Midoriyas, you felt nervous and slightly insecure. Walking out of your room, you found Todoroki in the living room, dressed in a simple button-up with a tie and slacks. As his eyes fell on you, they lit up with happiness and awe.

"You look beautiful," he compliments, standing to his feet.

"You don't think it's too much?" You ask, rubbing your arms.

He walks over to you, his hands wrapping around your shoulders as he affectionately rubs them. "Nothing you do is too much. I think it's perfect for where we are going," he claims, and you quirked an eyebrow.

"Which is where exactly? Ochaco didn't specify the details of what we're doing."

He helps you put your shoes on before grabbing his coat and escorting you to the limo that was waiting for you. "We are going to the theater," he informs you.

"Like opera?" Your question with surprise hinted in your tone.

He nods, opening the door and helping you into the vehicle.

As you pulled up to the big opera house, you were greeted with a crowd of Paparazzi, taking pictures of the limo as it pulled to the curve.

"Oh no, who told the press you were here?" You say with nervousness. It then dawns on you that if word got out that the Pro Hero Density was dating Shoto Todoroki, you might have backlash from Dynamight and Red Riot fans, or worse, they might see you with him and come for you.

"We didn't tell anyone we were coming. But I brought these just in case," he tells you before pulling out a pair of face masks.

You placed it over your lips along with a pair of sunglasses. "Not the best disguise, but it'll do," you reply, giving him a thumbs up.

The driver comes around and opens the door, and you hear the flash of the cameras.

Grabbing your hand, Todoroki helps you out of the limo and walks you through to the door, cameras flashing and shouts happening around you.

Once inside, you were safe from the assault. Back when Bakugo's rise to fame was at its peak, the paparazzi learned quickly not to bother him on his time, significantly if it affected their date night.

"Are you okay?" Shoto asks you, helping you with your mask.

"Yes, it's no big deal," you smile at him.

"Y/N!" You heard a small feminine voice.

Turning, you see Ochaco and Izuku; both dressed very nicely. Izuku had grown so tall and muscular since the timid little boy from your childhood. The number one hero had not only grown physically but mentally as well.

"Wow, you two look great!" You gushed, bringing Ochaco into your arms.

"Thanks! You look beautiful!" She replies, smiling brightly.

"Y/N, Shoto, I'm glad you two could make it!" Izuku grins at you two, bowing to Todoroki.

"Thank you for inviting us. It's been a while since I've visited the theater," Shoto returns the smile. Since high school, you knew both Midoriya and Todoroki had friendships that continued into their professional adulthood.