Broken Machines Can't Be Repaired Part 5 (Human! Optimus X Human! Reader)

A/N: HEWO!This is the fifth chapter of the Broken Machines series! I'll do one more to wrap it up so hang in there! Enjoy this long ass chapter!

TW: Angst. Trauma. PTSD.

---

Location: Autobot's base.

Staring back at the message before them, Ratchet went berserk.

"WHAT IN PRIMUS'S NAME IS THIS!?" He roared, slamming his digits as he tried to erase the message. Unfortunately, it keeps appearing every time he deletes it.

"It's a virus!" Ratchet said, gritting his dentas.

'I am no virus. I am a messenger. Listen to my words, and come to Jasper's Library tomorrow, Ratchet. Make sure the team are prepared. -A.T'

"FRAG! IT KNOWS MY NAME!?" He screeched, taking a step back.

"It can hear us!" Raf cried out, frantically trying to search the bug and delete it. Their location would be compromise if the Cons get hold of their position.

'Fear not. Your location remains out of the Decepticon's reach.'

"...S-So...Who are you?" Jack asked, glaring at the screen. It went silent for a moment before another message came in.

'In due time, little fella. You have shown many Prime-like qualities, and I would like to personally offer my gratitude tomorrow. For now, rest and prepare. The...evil organisation are out there, hunting. Be careful.'

"I-I'm... no Prime..." Jack said, looking down. Poor Darby was so close to tears due to the pressure. Miko gave the teen a hug and Raf joined in, emotionally supporting the tired boy.

"You may not be one...but you are a potential leader, Jack. We've never doubted that." Arcee said, giving a reassuring nod at her charge. With a sigh, Jack returned the favour and took control again.

"We'll meet the messenger tomorrow."

---

Location: (Y/N)'s house

"M-Mark! Baby, please! It's okay, I'm safe! You're fine, come on sweety!" I pleaded, hoping he would snap out of it. The traumatised man was gripping my body tightly and rocked back and forth, eyes flickering as he mumbled incoherent things.

"I hurt (Y/N), I hurt (Y/N) ..." Mark kept repeating, sobbing uncontrollably. I gently touched his face and pushed away his hair, making him focus on me.

"Mark, you're fine. You didn't mean it. I'm okay..." I cooed, kissing his lips softly. That seemed to do the trick and he melted into the kiss, cupping my face. Breaking away, Mark leaned onto me, whispering sweet nothings as he held me tight.

"Mhm...I love you too..." I said, hugging the large man. Looking over the stacks of cards, I gave a hesitant look before sighing.

"W-We...can do it...I ...want to know..." Mark said slowly, dry tears stained his cheeks. I nodded, placing another soft kiss to his lips before sitting up straight.

"Whatever happens, Mark, I'm not leaving you, EVER. I don't care what or who you are, and that I'll always love you...okay?" I said, staring right into his blue eyes. Mark went silent for a moment before he nodded, believing my words.

"I trust you." he finally said, hugging me tight before getting back to the mystery.

~~~

Taking the fourth card, Mark flipped it over and read it.

'What is your faction?'

"Faction..." Mark's eyebrow creased as he tried to think of what it means.