Chapter 113

"Oh my gosh! Ang cute cute ng anak niyo. You're so blessed."

"Thank you. And thank you din sa pagpunta kahit medyo biglaan ang invite." Sagot ni Bea.

"Oo naman, syempre. Ikaw pa ba."

Today is Bela's baptism and together with Jake and Bea, they were joined by their family and friends for a celebration after the mass in an event's place near the church. They were both busy attending to the guests and Bea was just able to sneak some time with her college friends, who were also Bela's godmothers.

"So kamusta ka naman?" Faye asked. "Ang tagal din naming walang update sa'yo. Buti nga, nagbalik-loob ka na sa FB kahit papano."

"I know. Sobrang busy lang, ang daming nangyari these past couple of years." Bea answered. "A lot has happened. Between me and Jake breaking up and getting back together. Quitting my job. Going back and forth to US and Manila. And now, I'm a mom. It sounds crazy just saying it right now."

"Yeah. I can imagine." Claire agreed. "But look at you now. I mean, you look good and happy. I bet that ring on your finger has something to do with it, no?"

"Oh this?" Bea playfully showed her hand closer to the two ladies. "Definitely." She then said and they laughed.

"You know, to be honest, akala namin sinara mo na talaga yang puso mo after Rick. But we're glad to know that you didn't." Sabi pa ni Faye.

"Me too." Bea sincerely said. "Akala ko din talaga noon, I wouldn't fall in love again. But then again, Jake came and proved me wrong. Even though, ang daming nangyari between Jake and I, I'm so lucky we've made it through." She said smiling. "Swerte din talaga ko kay Jake. He's been very patient and understanding all these years. I'm really glad siya yung binigay sa akin."

"I'm sure Jake would say the same thing about you." Faye then added. "We are really happy for you."

"Salamat." Sagot ni Bea dito.

"So I guess ang tanong na lang is, kelan ang kasal?"

Bea smiled. "Soon. We don't have a date yet. We're focusing on Bela for now. But as soon as we can, we'll start planning."

"Go lang. Enjoyin niyo muna si Bela."Claire said. "Pero girl, di na uso long engagement ngayon. And honestly, marriage makes it more fun and exciting. So kung ako sa inyo, go na. Don't take too long on planning." Dagdag pa nito.

"Yeah?" Bea confirmed.

"Oo. Promise. Take it from me."

"Okay, okay. I believe you naman."

"OMG! Na-excite naman ako bigla. Parang gusto ko tuloy ulit magplan ng wedding at ikasal."

Nagtawanan ang mga ito sa usapan nila. Napahinto naman ng bahagya si Bea nang marinig niya ang pagtawag ni Jake sa kaniya.
She glanced over the crowd to find him and saw that he's standing near the door with the priest. His holding Bela in his one arm, and his other free arm is waving at her, motioning for her to come over.

Nagpaalam ito sa kaniyang mga kaibigan at agad ngang lumapit sa kinaroroonan ni Jake.

"Hey, aalis na daw si Father." Banggit nito sa kaniya.

"Oh okay po. Salamat po ulit, Father." Bea then said.

"Congratulations again. Such a beautiful child you have." Sagot naman ng pari.