Chapter 74

The next morning, Bea woke up feeling light and happy. When she opened her eyes, she was blinded by the sunlight coming from the open door of the terrace. By that, she remembered everything that had happened last night. She turned her back smiling but felt disappointed when she found no one on the other side of the bed. She tried sitting, and then realized she was now wearing Jake's last night's shirt. Napangiti siya ng maamoy ang pabango ng binata mula sa shirt nito. But as she move her head up again, she felt her head pounding. Hangover, she thought. So she decided to just lay there for a second, her back leaning on the headboard of the bed.

She glanced around the room. It wasn't as messy as it was last night, she noticed. Her clothes were now piled up on a chair in the right corner of the room. Only hers, like she was the only one who spent the night in that room. There were no signs of Jake being there. Just like nothing happened. The only solid evidence was the mere fact that she was wearing Jake's shirt and nothing else under those sheets. She was drunk she admitted, but everything that had happened last night were all clear to her.

But she knows that as much as it makes her happy that it happened, she couldn't deny the fact that it was somehow wrong. Especially for Jake.

Nasan kaya siya? She asked herself. Then, let out a sigh and closed her eyes again. Her head hadn't stop from pounding and spinning. She stayed like that for minutes, trying to feel comfortable.

She felt pain upon sitting but it immediately went away. She found her phone on the bedside table. She noticed that it is almost 9am. And there were a few missed calls and a text message from Barbie since this morning.

[Sorry, hindi ko nasagot yung tawag mo kagabi. Maaga ko nakatulog e. What happened? Okay ka lang ba?]

Binasa niya. Naalala niya tuloy yung ginawa niya kagabi. She was so frustrated to talk to someone dahil hindi na niya kaya yung sakit na naramdaman niya kahapon. Kaya tinawagan niya si Barbie kaso hindi naman nito nasagot. So she was even more frustrated nung naabutan siya ni Jake sa terrace kagabi.

[It's okay. I'm fine. Di lang ako makatulog kagabi kaya gusto sana kita kausapin. Tawagan na lang kita ulit mamaya.] She replied. Tapos ay nilapag muli ang phone sa table.

She then slowly stood up, pinapakiramdaman yung ulo niya. The shirt was big for her, it could almost cover her whole body. She made her way to the bathroom and took a shower.

Habang naliligo, hindi maiwasan ni Bea na maisip yung nangyari kagabi. Iniisip niya kung ano kayang tumatakbo sa isip ni Jake kagabi matapos ng nangyari sa kanila.

Bakit umalis siya kaagad? Nagsisisi kaya siya? Totoo kayang mahal niya pa ko? O baka nabigla lang siya kagabi? O dahil lasing lang kami pareho kaya nasabi niya yun? But it felt so real last night. Kung mahal namin pareho ang isa't isa, okay lang naman siguro yung nangyari kagabi. Di ba? Ugh. Pero kahit saan banda mo tingnan, mali pa rin e. May girlfriend siya. Pero mahal ko talaga siya. Mahal niya rin daw ako. Paano ba 'to? Ang gulo. Kailangan ko ng explanation. She demanded. Though wala namang nakarinig sa mga sinabi niya dahil sarili lang niya kinakausap niya.

She decided to shake the thought off even for a while. At tinapos na ang paliligo niya. Alam niya kasi na once lumabas siya sa kwartong iyon, kailangan niya na ulit harapin ang mga iyon.

She immediately get dressed. Luckily, the shower was effective at hindi na masyadong masakit ang ulo niya. When she's ready, lumabas na siya ng kwarto. Sakto namang nakasalubong niya si Megan at si Kevin.

"Good morning!" Bati ng dalaga sa kaniya.

"Good morning." Sagot niya.

Kevin just smiled at her and agad ding nagpaalam sa dalawa. "Una na ko sa baba. Sunod na kayo."