Chapter 40

Queen Arabella Anderson

Eventually the first day of the Spring Trials rolled around. There was some procession that we had to do through the town, all the way to where everything was set up. The set up was actually on the field where we defeated the Blue Crescent pack, which is funny because that's where we defeated them, and this is where they will also gain new leadership. Ironic.

Around the field were large tents, with a banner of the pack who the tent was for hanging outside of it. There were various weapons set up over the place, a giant boxing ring, a start and finishing line for the different races, as well as the royal box, where we would be watching tomorrow, but currently Elena and William, and of course Madison, were the only ones sat in it today.

"How are you feeling?" Skye asked me, as she helped me gear up into my various pieces of armour and bodysuit, that would expand when I shifted to give me protection, and also mean I wouldn't shift back naked when I took my prize.

"I'm alright," I shrugged my shoulders, although I was kind of shitting it too.

"One of the girls you are fighting, the beta's daughter of the Lightning Pack, will try and play dirty, just to warn you."

"Alright, I'll just play dirtier," I nodded my head, trying to give me some confidence.

"Not dirty just in a fighting sense either. Her and Nicholas used to be a thing, years ago, there was going to be this marriage between them, for political reasons mainly. Then Nick pulled out, saying he wanted to find him mate." I clenched my jaw hearing this. "Anyway, she'll mention it, to try and throw you off guard, or make you 'red' with anger so that you're off your game. Don't listen to her, okay?"

"I'm the last person she wants to make angry," I growled.

"Don't let her get to you, and go out there, and kick some ass," she slapped me on the shoulder.

The boys had already done all of their fighting, and of course Nicholas was in the lead, with Logan behind him, Owen and Jason in joint third, and this time Chase and Obi were actually joint fourth. After their medals were awarded, they came back into the royal tent, sweaty, smelly and blood splattered. Nick came straight to me, a smile on his face and a golden medal around his neck, and the boy tried to hug me!

"Absolutely not," I held my hand out to stop him, "you smell."

"Aren't you going to give me a congratulations hug?"

"Absolutely not, especially as one of your exes is apparently going to fight dirty," I scoffed.

"Babe, she means nothing to me anymore, and if she plays dirty, you just gotta play dirtier. I'm with you, it'll only ever be you, you're my fucking wife, and my damn queen, there's no one else for me," he tried to reassure me.

"Right, well, let's do this then," I walked out of the tent, followed by Skye and Amber, who flanked me, and I assessed the competition.

There were ten groups of five, and within each group we would fight all five, and the person who won the most fights in their group would all fight eachother and get scored and those scores would be ranked 1-10, with the highest score being the winner. Amber, Skye and I were all in different groups for the start, and so was the beta's daughter from the Lightning Pack, whose name I found out was Cara.

I won all four fights in the group rounds, as did both Skye and Amber. That Cara girl won three out of her four, but still came out on top, so she would be in the next round with all of us. The first six fights in the second round were fine, and won easily, then it was against Amber. She was definitely a challenger, and a damn good fighter, as was Skye, but in the end, I bested the both of them; although they still scored highly based on their flawless technique. My final fight was against Cara.

"Arabella Anderson versus Cara Florés," the person commentating spoke out. This seemed to be the fight that a lot of people wanted to watch, I guess they all knew the history.

"No dirty play okay?" the referee said.

"I love playing dirty though," Cara tried to say seductively, "especially with the King, in my bed," she winked at me. This fucking bitch man.

"Begin," the ref said, and the bell was rung.

We circled eachother for a bit, I sized her up, whilst she glared daggers at me. I could tell she was waiting for me to make the first move, and so I did, a kick straight to her nose, causing it to bleed.

"You bitch," she screamed.

"It's a fucking fight," I said back, as calm as I could. That triggered her to launch at me. It was a hard fight, especially with her fucking comments the entire way through.

"Can you please Nick the way I can?" she would say. I just tried my hardest to let it roll straight off my back, but it was a fucking challenge.

"Shift," the ref said, which came at just the right moment, because now I didn't have to hear anymore of her annoying voice talking about my husband. We both shifted, my wolf was significantly larger than her, significantly more terrifying, especially my glowing blue and green eyes. I growled menacingly at her, and she almost submitted to me then and there, but I knew it wouldn't be that easy. After she launched at me, trying to get her teeth in my neck, I reflex twisted myself and grabbed her midair, so my teeth were now launched deep in her ribcage, and I could hear the satisfying crunch of her ribs as she yelped in pain.

To give her some credit, she didn't give up easily, she got up again and tried again. Each of her attacks getting slower and sloppier, until eventually it was easy to just step forward and dig my teeth into her neck, until she shifted back in submission.

"And it is Queen Arabella Anderson who comes out victorious!" the commentator shouted. I released Cara and shifted back myself, a smile on my face.

"Hear that?" I said to Cara, who was lying on the floor, bleeding and clearly in pain, "Queen Anderson, because he chose me. And no, I don't pleasure him like you do," I grabbed her by the clothes on her chest and brought her right up to my ear, "I pleasure him so much better," and then I dropped her, and lined up with the rest, taking my golden medal.

Just to prove even more to myself, and everyone else, that I was worthy, I walked right up to Nick, who was still sweaty and covered in blood, as was I now, and I kissed him. We stood side by side watching the rest of the trials for the rest of the day, golden medals round our necks to prove we were the best fighters in the world, covered in the blood of those who tried to beat us and failed, embracing eachother as their King and Queen, and it was fucking cool.