Chapter 41

Queen Arabella Anderson

A week after the first day of the Spring Trials, and the morning after the Pink Moon Ball, which was the ball at the end of the Spring Trials, to celebrate the full moon in April, I woke up writhing in pain. I knew exactly what kind of pain it was, even though I hadn't technically experienced it yet; I was in heat.

Werewolf heat is a weird one. Some people get it loads, some people are lucky enough to go on heat once a year. I usually get it about three times a year, and it's never usually too bad. The most annoying thing about my heat used to be all of the unmated rouges who would try and fuck me. This, however, is the worst pain I have ever experienced. The first heat after mating is usually the most painful, and they slowly decrease in pain over time, but I didn't think it would be like this.

"Nick," I groaned, taking all of my energy to just moan that one name, glad that we had werewolf hearing because he might not have heard me otherwise. I watched as he picked his head up off the pillow, yawned and then turned to look at me, instantly becoming alert when he saw the state I was in.

"Bells, baby, what's wrong?" he asked quickly, putting a hand on my cheek and quickly recoiling due to the boiling hot temperature my skin was now at. "You're on heat, right?" he asked, and nodded my head ever so slightly. "Okay, you'll be okay, I'm going to get some maids in here, we are going to run you an ice bath, and I'll get the doctor to come with some painkillers," he stood up quickly, mindlinking all the necessary people, and began running the bath.

A few minutes later a bunch of maids came in with buckets of ice, and I could hear them as they plopped into the bath before they left. "I'm going to pick you up now alright?" he asked, trying to be respectful. I nodded my head, and he slowly wrapped his arms around my boiling hot body, carrying me bridal style into our bathroom. He slowly stripped me of my clothes and then lowered me into the bath. I could feel myself instantly relaxing as I felt the cold water rushing over me.

When the doctor came in, who was a woman, as Nick wasn't going to let any man near me at any point. She said a couple of words to Nick, which I tuned out of, and then some words to me which I didn't bother listening to, and then she injected me with something, which I assumed was painkiller, as half an hour later my pain had halved, and my temperature was still high, but no longer skyrocketing.

"Nick," I spoke out, who wasn't in the bathroom, but I guessed would be somewhere nearby.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" he asked, walking into the room, taking a seat next to the bathtub and putting a hand on my head, to feel my temperature.

"I'm okay," I spoke back, my eyes now closed. "A little hungry."

"What are you hungry for?" he asked, smiling softly at me.

"Hmmm, pancakes!" I opened my eyes and smiled at him.

"Alright, pancakes it is, I'll let the chef know," he chuckled at me. "You want anything else?" I shook my head in response.

The next couple of days were torture. I knew the only way to get rid of it was to ride it out, or to have sex with Nick, and most definitely become pregnant, but I wanted to enjoy my time with him as just us first, before I threw a baby in there, and he understood too. In fact, when I told him about how much of my time having a baby would take up, and how little sex we would be able to have, he said there was no way I was having a baby anytime soon. I love my angry possessive husband, only sometimes though. His possessiveness was crazy over the next few days, it wasn't just guys he was keeping me from, he would let me see any of my friends, fearing the worst, not wanting anyone to try and take advantage of me whilst I was in this state, and I could hear him growling a lot whenever he wasn't in the room.