Chapter 13

King Nicholas Anderson

"And?" I said, as Jason Dimitri came out of the cave, without my mate in tow. "Where is she?"

"She's not in there, I think she left," he stated, looking down at the ground and avoiding eye contact with me.

"Well where the fuck is she?" I roared. I need to find my mate, my instincts are going haywire, I am not happy at all. All my instincts want me to do is find her, mark her, mate her, and guard her for the rest of his life, not letting her leave my side. I, however, am trying to take a less possessive view, I just want her safe, with me, in my arms, but not all the time, and I want her happy. That's not too much to ask. Unfortunately, my control over my animal instincts are dwindling, and currently, they are almost about to take over the search for her.

"I have no idea, I don't know where she could've gone," Jason replied.

"Frederick, any idea?" I asked my top tracker, who has joined us. He was currently looking at some boot prints outside the cave.

"These are fresh, barely a day old. They smell like vampire too, a strong vampire at that. He walked over here, jumped off the edge and ran through the woods. It looks like the Queen followed him, but she has no scent, only a few pawprints here," he replied.

"So she was kidnapped... by vampires," I was practically seething, "we need to follow the tracks, find the man who stole her, and rip his head off," I declared.

"With all due respect sir, this was no struggle," Frederick stated, "the Queen left willingly with the vampire, she was not kidnapped."

"Why would Arabella leave with a vampire? Blackmail? Torture?" speculated Logan, each scenario making me want to break something even more. God, I need to get my wolf under control he is really affecting my ability to think straight.

"What do you think, Jason?" I turned to him.

"Well... um..." he stuttered.

"Spit it out," I stated.

"She has an ex-boyfriend... he was a vampire, she could have gone with him," he mumbled.

"An ex-boyfriend?! So, my mate ran from me to be with another lover..." I couldn't get my head around it. Was I really that bad? What was it about me that she didn't like, my hair? My eyes? My name? She hadn't even spoken a word to me, she has no idea who I am, how much I would've loved her, cared for her, yet she ran from me into the arms of another.

"Sir, last I spoke to her she did not want to date him, I think she is just hiding," a man spoke. I turned to see it was Damien, the rogue alpha's son.

"When exactly was the last time you spoke to her?" Logan asked.

"When I convinced her to go to the ball," he replied.

"Let us find her then," I stated. Frederick nodded at me and jumped down the mountain, and I followed shortly after.

I am now almost completely taken over by my instincts, who wants nothing more than for me to remove this 'vampire ex-boyfriend's' head, and hang it up for display outside my castle, so all know I have rightfully taken what is mine back. For a moment then, I was sad she had chosen someone else over me, but now I know she is just hiding, well, we all know the game hide and seek.

Hide little dove, and I shall seek.

Arabella Dimitri

"Strix, I'm gunna need three martinis please," Remus stated. We were all now sat around the huge dining room of the vampire castle. Remus was, of course, at the head, with me on his left and Seth was sat besides me. Dish after dish of wonderful meals were coming out of the kitchens, all tasting absolutely gorgeous. You may wonder why vampires eat 'human' food. Like I said before, vampires indulge in pleasure of all forms, and that includes eating tasty food, not for the sustenance (as it gives them none), but for the taste itself.

"Now, my dear, I suggest avoiding the upstairs room tonight, your mate would not be best pleased with your stay here if you partook in any of that activity," he chuckled.

"I think Arabella knows by now to not follow in your footsteps, and to avoid the things you do," Seth stated.

"Although, I will always take your cocktail recommendations," I smiled, raising my glass and clinking it with his, before downing the lot of it. "Thank you Strix."

"Sir, the wolves know Miss Arabella went with a vampire, they are tracking his scent now," a man came into the dining room announcing.

"May I ask who is with them?" I said.

"The royal entourage consists of many Night Warriors, their top tracker, Frederick, Jason Dimitri and Damien Rivera," answered the man with a slight bow.

"Those two slimy fucks, I swear, when I get my hands on them, I will rip them apart limb from limb," I growled. I clearly said that with more power than I thought, as many of the vampires had submitted to me.

"Sweetheart, they will only take you when you want to be taken," Seth said calmly, placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Let's fucking party, Strix, I'm gunna need five more of these," I stated.

"You heard her, Strix, MUSIC!" declared Remus.

We partied then until the early hours of the morning. There was much dancing, drinking, and a whole lot of other sinful activities, many of which I decided to not partake it. By the end of it, I was dragging a half-naked, very drunk, high, and passed out, Seth up the stairs to his room. Once I put him in his bed and pulled the covers over him, I went to my own room and passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

On a day like this, I was grateful that the vampire castle had black-out curtains, so not a single shred of light crept through, and I slept through half of the day. When I eventually woke, I stretched out and made my way over to the bathroom, the stone floor cold against my bare feet. The showers here have to be the best I have ever been in, of course the only other place I have showered is in a waterfall near my cavern home, or once in that hotel before the ball. Goddess, the ball.

Last night I forgot all about my other responsibilities, people who were looking for me, my mate, but now, in the shower, with little else to think about, it has hit me like a truck. I wonder how close they are to me now, whether they know exactly where I am or not. I wonder if Jason or Damien has filled Nicholas in on all of the juicy details of mine and Seth's relationship, I wonder if Nicholas is on his way here to rip Seth's head off, for taking what is 'his'. So many questions were running through my mind, it was like my mind didn't want to switch off. "God, I need a bloody distraction," I groaned.

I quickly exited the shower and headed downstairs. It was the early hours of the afternoon, about the time that the castle wakes up – of course vampires cannot go outside in the daytime, unless a witch has spelled a piece of jewellery to allow you to walk during the day, but as far as I understand, those are limited to the royals, and the council.

"Morning my dear," Remus greeted me as I stepped into the council room.

"Morning Remus," I greeted him back.

"King Remus, I really need you to decide what to do," one of the council members pushed him.

"You say he broke five of the six laws of vampirism?" Remus asked.

"All, except the first," the councilman answered.

"Still, too many were broken. Kill him," Remus declared, in such a menacing and evil way. "Strix, morning cocktail," he asked, back to the jolly self I know him as. I blocked out the screams of the man who they dragged out of the council room.

"King Remus, the Alpha King is on the phone, he wishes to speak to you," announced another member of the council, walking into the room.

Fuck.