Part 1: A heart's way back home

A soul that wanted to bury the past. A love and hate that was imprinted soul deep. When two hearts join again after a lifetime... will the lost heart find its way home?

~~~

“I have fallen out of love with you…”

“Let’s end this.” 

Tonight... it has to end…

Bridge. Man. Dark Night. Pain. Heartache. Death.

The tall lean man woke up in the middle of the night. His heart beats frantically, hot moist sweat covered every part of his body, and his eyes glistening with unshed tears.

Same old dream…

He sat up in a hurry, slowly running his fingertips to the fine sheet of cold sweat on his forehead. Tears welled up completely from his two deep dark eyes. The room turns into a blur, but he doesn’t care.

It’s painful… it’s too painful…

He clutched his shirt over his chest. He couldn’t breathe as series of sobs wreak havoc in his body, consuming him like he was compensating for the tears he couldn’t shed in that dream.

His other hand slowly reaches for the blanket beside him as he clenches his fist… white knuckles showing… desperately wanted to find some anchor. A place to channel all the emotions he’s feeling right now.

He wanted this all to end. He doesn’t want to feel them anymore.

It felt like it wasn’t his in the first place but from a different person whose life already ended. Yet… yet even thinking that is not making it any less painful. 

He’s been dreaming this particular dream since he was 22 and even 4 years later the effect in his heart was still the same every time he dreamt of it. Like it was meant to happen…

Was he going to die that way?

Is it meant to be?

Is it some premonition of the future?

The man’s tears never ceasing to flow, perfectly white teeth bite on the already red lips trying to contain the pain from adding up. But it’s all in vain. Once he went under the influence of that dream… no one could pull him out of that misery.

“Yusuke? What’s wrong? Having a nightmare again?” Fan Jiang Yan Feng, his childhood sweetheart roused from his deep slumber and sat up beside him. The man’s glassy eyes turn towards the worried one of his boyfriend’s. Four years ago, it might have calmed him down. Four years ago, it would have been the one his heart jump for. But right now… since all these absurd dreams start to consume his life… it was a different voice and eyes that are hurting him yet making him feel something else… 

Longing? Hatred? Love?

He doesn’t know. But guilt starts to sip in his quivering heart when he saw how worried Zack is to him. He couldn’t help but reach for him and let himself fall into his usual comforting embrace. This caring loving man was the one he had been with since high school.  Their love might not be that star-struck time-stopping kind of a thing but it was consistent and sure.