Waking up in your presence

Two lifetimes... past and present... reality and dreams. Hearts tied by a red thread. A connection that transcends time.

~~~

Yusuke snuggles closer to the source of heat with which he was enveloped with. It’s been a long time since he had a very comfortable sleep. If only he could stay here forever… maybe… just maybe all the nightmares will never come back.

The scent of the person embracing him smells familiar. It smells like… home. Not his usual apartment, but a place that he could call his own. And this… this is something he wanted to claim as his. 

The person’s left-hand caresses his back with feathery touches, soothing him. His arm unconsciously starts to creep around the waist of the person, selfishly pulling the source of this comfort to his own chilling body as his head burrow deeper in the hollow of the neck where the scent is stronger.

A deep groan reaches YU’s ear which disturbs his peace. He tries to tune it off, but when his brain processed it as something that sounds so familiar, his eyes snap in alertness. He tries to blink multiple times to erase the fogginess of his vision. And just like that, he finds himself cozily hugging a very… very… topless man. 

YU almost stops breathing. He slowly tries to pull his arm, but as if the man could sense his plan, he pulled him tighter to himself. Yusuke’s brain turns blank after his face smooch on the muscular chest of the stranger. 

Is this still a dream? 

At this point, YU seems to be in the limbo of one dream into another, so he will not be shocked if this is also an illusion. This one wasn’t particularly frightening at all, but what’s scary is that this man... his embrace… his scent… everything about him is silently screaming familiarity.

The man’s hand absentmindedly move up to caress his hair… softly and oh so gentle, like he was made of glass. Despite the uncomfortableness of his face almost kissing the other guy’s chest, YU couldn’t for the love of God stop the man as he should.

There is this feeling of rightness in this position. As if it was meant to be like this all this time. Yet YU knows that it was all just in his head. So he exerts an effort to lean back to look at this man’s face.

He is a handsome fellow. Dark long eyelashes fanning his slightly flushed cheeks. YU had an unusual urge to trace them, then slowly move his fingers, fluttering on his cheeks to the red parted lips. His fingers itched to do just like that, yet before he does so, this stranger's eyes slowly open and meet his wandering one.

YU froze while his eyes were held captive by the brown compelling one of this stranger that is not so stranger at all. Who is this man? But before he could find the right answer, a warm hand touched his forehead, rendering YU speechless.

“It’s a good thing your fever was gone now. How are you feeling?” The man asked. This voice… of course he knows this voice. How could he not? He’s been dreaming about this for four years…

His eyes widen and he jumps out of the bed without realizing how narrow it is, making the man fall on the marble tile, ass first. The man groans while YU couldn’t help but roam on the very very naked man. He is not just topless! He’s just in freaking boxers… what the hell is going on here?

“Why… why… are you naked?” Yusuke stuttered as he checked himself if he was also in need of more clothes. He breathes a sigh of relief after seeing he was not naked at all, but instead in what looks like a hospital gown. Which doesn’t add up at all.