4: I don't have a choice, but I still choose you.

***

I saw Amy throw glances towards me, but she was never looking at me rudely or bitchy; Always with concern. I can see why though.  How would you feel if you were in her position?

Your boyfriends ex-girlfriend of a long time is back after a long time out of the blue, and the second she’s back you boyfriend ditches you to hang out with her. You know there’s nothing there, but it’s also pretty obvious that that connection is still there! They spend the entire day together, and when he finally goes out with you at the end of the day; all he talks about is how awesome her music is, and how incredibly talented his ex-girlfriend has suddenly become.

I wouldn’t be comfortable, and I knew she isn’t either.

I look at Amy when she’s not looking at me and I wonder about her. They all tell Niall to break up with her, even Eleanor. But they are all so nice to her, and she’s nice right back. She’s a really sweet girl, and they all see that, but they all want Niall to dump her anyway.

I look around the yard, and land my eyes on Harry. We all caught up inside, and it was already three a.m. so what better time to start a bon fire than now, right? The fire luminesced in the middle of the grassy ground and we were all scattered with people talking. Eleanor and Danielle were laughing by the fire, with Niall and Amy roasting marshmallows while talking. Harry was eating chips while checking his phone alone and Liam went inside with Zayn to get some ‘stuff.’

I walked towards Harry and decided to ask what was so wrong about Amy being with Niall.

“So why don’t you like her?” I asked Harry. He looked up at me confused. I tilted my head in Amy’s direction to indicate who I was talking about, “What’s so bad about her that makes you guys want Niall to break up with her so bad? She’s seems nice, and for someone who probably should want to skin me alive, she’s been awfully nice to me!”

“It’s not about Amy, it’s about Niall.” He said plainly. He looked over at them and sighed, “They started as friends and we all got a bit close. After you and Niall broke up, and you decided to give us some space…. Niall kind of filled the void with Amy, and so did we. We hung out with her, and it was pretty obvious that Amy really liked Niall. Really, really liked Niall; A lot, so we told him he should ask her out and spark something up. We figured a rebound date, nothing more and nothing less. But then he kept asking her out on more dates, and eventually they just made it official. We would be fine with it, but it was obvious he missed you. He would get ready for a date with Amy, and then a commercial about your album would go on the telly, and he would change it right away, and get depressed again. Fifteen minutes later, he would go out with Amy. It wasn’t right for him to lead Amy on like that and we told me, and each time he said he would do it. Tell her the truth, but he never actually did, it was apparently ‘Never the right time.’ ”

“…” I stared at him and sat next to him. I looked at the lovely couple and frowned, “Does Amy know? She’s too sweet of a girl to deserve this type of thing.”

“Oh she knows,” he said, “She knows loud and clear and today just opened her eyes more. She told Eleanor about how she doesn’t think Niall’s over everything, and then she kind of noticed all the hints. They both know that relationship’s going nowhere but they don’t do anything about it. They just pretend nothing’s wrong. Today you get here, and Niall’s ready to leave Amy on the spot. Not that it’s a bad thing either. Maybe Niall might finally end it and finally end this game of charades.”

“Or Amy,” I said in voice of the feminine sex.

“Why would Amy ever-”

“Because Like you said about how ‘Now I’m here and suddenly Niall ditches her’ Amy might finally had enough of it and breaks up with him. She could do it if she wants.”