27: Old Past

*****

Its been a week three days and four days. I haven’t heard anything from Niall. I know he saw it; everyone saw it!

How could I have been so stupid! Why did I expose that, no one forced me too, it wasn’t needed. It honestly doesn’t matter to me anymore. It’s in the past.

“He’s gonna call,” assured Allison while closing her textbook with a sigh, “Niall’s not the type to just leave you hanging. Anyway, he’s probably just confused or something. Wondering why you hadn’t told him before.”

“Uhu,” I told her mindlessly, “I bet thats it.”

I saw as Allison answered a text. Her face held a strange expression, that was followed by an eye roll and overly loud huff. I saw as her eyes held tears. Just as soon as they were there, they were evicted. Allison sighed.

“Is something wrong?” I asked her curious.

“It doesn’t even matter,” assured Allison while walking towards the kitchen. Probably to go get a snack or something. I’ve always been envious of Allison. She’s always been the girl to be able to eat whatever shit she wants, and still be perfectly in shape.

“Back to Niall,”  she said while hoping off the counter and and onto the island, “Odds are,” continued Ally, “He probably already sleep with some other girls by now. He-”

“Shut up, Ally!” I told her, “What the fuck is wrong with you?”

“The tabloids have been going crazy over him checking out a girl outside a signing right?” She went on, ignoring my requests“What if it had a bigger ending than a beginning?”

“What is wrong with you?” I asked her standing up, “We both know Niall would never do that. He’s Niall of all people. He would never.”

“Then why did he do it with Demi two years ago?” She asked with a sarcastic laugh, “Why did he so easily, try something out with Amy? And that supposed one night stand only two weeks after you guys broke up?”

My eyes started to well up with tears.

“You’re my sister,” I told her, “What is wrong with you?”

“I’m a realist,” She laughed, “I’m only telling you the truth.”

“Why are telling me this?” I asked her while being hurt. Allison always liked Niall. Always defended him, and always, annoyingly, took his side in everything. So why does she douche-labeling him now?

“I just don’t want to you to end up hurt,” She told me with a small smile, “You shouldn’t always rely on someone you love.”

“Yeah,” I said getting my phone from the couch, “Like you.”

I got the keys from the counter and decided to head out.

“I’m only protecting you!” she called after me.

****

“Was she mad before?” asked me Eleanor.

“No,” I said annoyed, “Ally was fine. Then she just got a  text and she turned into a raging bitch.”

Eleanor sighed.

“So she found out?” asked me Eleanor with a sad eye.

“About what?” I asked her confused, “Is something going on?”

“She didn't ever tell you, did she?” asked Eleanor with now sympathetic eyes, “When you came back with Allison, she wasn’t scared about coming back because of the things your parents made her go through. There was a man, Ava. He hurt her. A lot.”