15: Pricks and Goals

****

“Alright,” started Minka, “Remember, your only here for the next two weeks, after that it’s back to work. You’re still missing around 5 songs for the album! Get a head start on everything and don’t be around the boys so much okay? Don’t hang out with Niall in the public eye, that won’t go over well with the Directioners.”

Oops…

“No problem.” I muttered. I didn’t meet her gaze since I was going to play football with the boys and Mauro and the paps were definitely going to snap pictures of that since it was going to be in the park…

“Alright, be safe.” She said.

I nodded and she hugged me goodbye. She was like a mother to me when she was around. I think it’s because she needs to express her motherly instincts since she’s away from her two girls so often.

Is it my fault that her girls are growing up the same way me and Allison were?

At least their mother loves them. And they have their dad too, but they still need a mother.

Everyone needs a mother just like everyone needs a father… You grow up a little lonesome without them. Trust me.

I smiled at her and pushed away from my guilty thoughts. I walked out of the terminal and started heading to my car that was going to take me home. The boys were waiting there without Simon’s permission and Allison even baked. Allison shouldn’t bake though.

The paps went crazy around me. I let out a sigh until I actually acknowledged what it was that they were shouting.

Ava, how’s Niall doing without you?” one asked. His breathed smelled of ribs and pickles; A horrible combination.

But most importantly: “Who’s the boy you’ve been spotted with? Is he your new boyfriend? Why is he here?

I kept my gaze to the ground but I recognized pink Converse with black jeans and a white shirt.

“What are you doing here?” I asked Mauro. I wasn’t going to lie, I was disappointed. Not that I thought Niall was going to be here, I knew he couldn’t be, but this is going to totally ruin my plans. If I’m going to hang out with Mauro, I can’t hang out Niall and his flat…

“I came to pick you up,” he responded with a smile, “Isn’t that what good people do?”

I sighed but hugged him anyway.

“Simon told you to do this didn’t he?” I whispered in his ear during our hug.

“I shouldn’t answer that here.” He whispered back.

He smirked and we walked out hand in hand.

                                        ****

“Did you visit the land of Rusty beans and tin men?” Mauro asked me while getting my bags out of the boot and referring to Chicago.

“Nope,” I sighed, “It wasn’t on the schedule, that’s going to be the first place on the tour though and the last. I end where I start.”

“This is no occasion to quote J.K. Rowling in a horrible wrong way.” He teased.

I simply laughed and pulled away my suitcase from his hands.

We walked up the Elevator and walked to my apartment.

When I opened the door the boys were sitting on my couch while watching the Super Bowl.