8: I'm A Beard To My Fake Date... FANTASTIC!

****

“Okay,” I sighed, “Out, out, out!” I said while moving the line of boys out of my apartment, “I have stuff to do. I’ll see you all later,” I said while locking the door behind me. 

W made our way to the lift and waited in comfortable silence.

Once we were on the ground, I walked straight out and the boys went their separate ways.

I made my way to the coffee shop I was supposed to meet Mauro in, and in less than fifteen minutes I already had my picture taken.

Shocker! I thought.

Why do always have sarcastic conversations with myself?

“Ava!” I heard someone call to me while I entered the coffee place.

It was Mauro. As soon as he made his presence know, and shouted my name people looked over at us.

Mauro stood up and smiled his shinning smile. He always got the center of attention.

The whispering started, and I heard someone shout from the back calling me a home-wrecker.

Now if only you could say it to my face.

“What’s up?” I said while smiling. I had to act as if I was interested in him since the whole finding out about us was going to start now.

“Nothing really. I have a new girlfriend now though…” he said nonchalantly.

“I can’t wait to meet her,” I said with a laugh.

We made our way to the booth, and he took this time to make fun of me.

I instantly started laughing at his cheap shots about my height, and how much I’ve changed. Then he called me a hipster and the air went cold.  

“So,” breathed Mauro, “How have you been?”

He smiled at me, and I smiled back. 

“You mean you haven’t read about it all over the news?” I asked with fake surprise, “That is a first.” 

“I was serious,” he laughed, “I haven’t really been keeping up on things. I wanted to focus on my internship.”

“I thought you had an internship with Alan Carr?” I asked sincerely.

“Yeah, after that was done with I got another with a network back in Chicago. I’ve been there ever since.”

“What brought you back to London?”

“Internship ended,” he said plainly, “I was gonna go back to Manchester but… I got an offer.”

“An offer?” I asked with fake surprise, “Sounds fun. Tell me about it.”

“I just have to be some girls fake boyfriend because she started being hated by everyone on the earth. Polls say she lost her value by twenty perfect….”

“Twenty percent?” I yelled surprised. People who were around looked my way, and I quickly went back to voice level, “That’s fucking ludicrous!”

“Tell me about it!” he said with a small smile tugging on his lips, “Now tell me… Why have people been telling me that you went mental?”

“I didn’t go mental,” I said with a smile, “I just… left. I ditched and moved to Tennessee.”

“Ooh, exciting!” he said with a cheer.

I kept noticing these weird things about Mauro. He was no longer the same flirty boy he was before. He was more serious and he looked around a lot. He looked happy and peaceful. As if he was in love, but he also had this cold glare in his eyes as if he was heartbroken. He noticed the girls starring at him wonderstruck by his gorgeous face, he laguhed at them a bit and muttered, "Look, but don't touch."