44: I Don't Know

"Wow."

That was all that I could muster. When the cab stopped, Niall blindfolded me and led me out. I felt cement under my feet so I know we're on a paved trail.

"The blindfold seems a little excessive don't you think?" I said with a light laugh.

"It's the magic of the surprise," Niall explained.

I heard the cab door shut and I was lead to an unknown destination.

"The magic of Disney has a better ring to it."

"The magic of the quiet game is actually my favorite," Niall retorted.

"That's rude."

"You're rude."

"That is known, that is a fact." I agreed, "I cannot disagree with that."

I started feeling grass under my feet,

"Why aren't we on the trail anymore?" I asked.

Because you wanted to be campy," Niall explained. "Campy means there's tree's, bugs and sometimes, hear me out on this one, it even involves grass."

"We're in the woods, I can kill you and no one would hear your screams," I threatened.

"You could never kill me," he laughed. "You're terrified of going to jail and you're too well known to go under the grid."

"I wouldn't need to, because I wouldn't hide." I explained. I put my hands together in a pleading motion while fake sobbing. "I don't know what happened officers. I thought he took me out here for a romantic camping trip. I mentioned it a couple nights ago. This was supposed to be a surprise and then he just... he just" I let out a loud sob. By now Niall stopped moving me forward and I'm sure he's staring at me in amazement in regards to my commitment to his murder. "He became uncontrollable. He was erratic and I was so confused- he said he knew I was cheating. I just had no idea what was going on so I tried to get out of here... he lunged at me. He grabbed me by the hair. He just kept yelling and yelling about Mauro and Harry... so I tried to reach for my phone and call for help. I didn't know what else to do. He just wouldn't let go. He threw my phone into the fire pit. So, I .... I grabbed the wood... I hit him over the head. I must have hit him too hard I just...." And I sobbed again followed a sigh to close my scene. "I'd be out of the interrogation room in just three hours."

"You are genuinely terrifying." I could imagine Niall's face now.

"I love you so much," I laughed. "Just don't try fucking with me."

"Okay, okay, okay, okay." Repeated Niall. "We're here. Just give me a second."

I heard him shuffle me a bit forward and then something close. I heard his steps on the grass move forward, plop our bags down, and I heard him shuffle back to me.

He untied the blindfold and I opened my eyes to the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

A tarp fence was placed around the trees locking us in like a roofless gazebo. I couldn't see past the tarps to see the rest of the area, but this was all I needed. Twinkle lights were sprinkled on the tree tops- connecting each of them like a cobweb. Jars with lit candles inside were hung from tree branches and swayed slightly in the wind. Tiki torches surrounded the walls to keep the mosquitos away. Two matching plaid sleeping bags were laid on top of a duvet cover with an icebox filled with ice and Champaign peeking off the top. Pillows surrounded the sleeping bags, and our bags rested on the side of the duvet. A log carved like a seat was placed by a fire pit that had fire wood ready to be lit with matches and a gasoline jug beside it.