39: Accustomed

****

“It’s bullshit!” I said again over the phone, “Obviously it’s some fake manip!”

I gave a fake laugh to emphasize my point.

“So these pictures are false?” My interviewer pressed on.

“Pretty much yeah,” I said again, “I mean these pictures have been published for soooo long! Why are these suddenly so much different?”

“Well, no one has been able to find a flaw with the photos!”

“ ‘Photo,’ ” I corrected, “Singular; there was only one! And obviously they haven’t looked hard enough because here’s a couple, I was wearing two different shoes.”

I was but that had it’s reason....

“You were?!” He asked in surprise.

“Yeah.” I said, “I think it was.. Heels on one, but flats on the other. One of the legs was obviously from the brits. Same shoes and leg position that made the whole picture look lifelike.”

“How do you-”

“I was a lonely teenage girl with a Tumblr account when I was High School; I picked up some pointers along the way!” I said with a laugh

“Right,” he laughed with me while dismissing the topic, “So, the EMA’s; will you be attending?”

After that it was smooth sailing.

And least from the public.

****

“Why didn’t you tell me about the photos?” asked Niall in the car.

I went through getting ready for this, waiting 2.5 to get here in a fucking car, and all while being terrified of when he brings up the photo;, only for him to do it in a nonchalant way that is only ten fucking minutes away from the venue?!

“Wasn’t important,” I said, “Don’t see how it’s relevant.”

“Of course it’s relevant,” he said, “You went batshit crazy trying to get everyone to forget about them; they aren’t...?”

“Of course not!” I said while looking to see if the driver was listening, but the split window was working, “Why would I ever kiss Harry? He’s my best friend, not my secret lover.”

“Ava,” he said looking at me. Actually, fucking, looking at me. “Tell me, are they real?”

“...” I stayed quiet. If I answer, he’ll explode and right before a big event where I have to pretend nothings wrong, which will ruin the night completely!

And if I lie I’m practically going to kill any possibility of recovering from this since it’s quite obvious he knows.

It’s one of those moments when you and the truth know about each others existence. You should speak it, be bold and you will be. But it’s those few seconds right before the leap that make you want to kill yourself, oh so slightly.

I looked at the driver again. Fuck I can’t postpone this; He’s still not listening.

“it was like ten months ago, in Tennessee; we we’re both fucking drunk out of our heads and a fucking bar... then another bar.. and then three clubs.”I finally said.

Niall stayed quiet.

“You never said anything...” he stated while we pulled around the curb of the venue. Waiting in the long car line to get onto the Red Carpet.

“I didn’t remember anything about that night. Not until I saw the picture on my phone...”

“When was that?”

“...About three weeks ago.”

“You lied to me, for a fucking month?!” Niall said letting go of my hand.

“You were with Amy at the time, I was in the U.S. ,we weren’t together! I didn’t lie.” I stated. Oh god, I wanted to punch myself just saying that!

That’s completely something a guilty person says to justify their actions!

He stared at me like a stranger. Now I was one.

"I knew I shouldn't have come," I muttered to myself.

"You didn’t wanna come with me?" He asked slightly hurt.

I was mad. I wasn’t all that sure at who or at what, I just was.

"Even you have to admit we’ve been shit for a while," I said slightly bored. I let my head fall towards to the window to rest.

"We have not," he said angry.

"Really?" I asked sarcastically, "bullshit! I'm more like your fucking responsibility than your girlfriend."

"I visit you because I love you, not because I'm forced to!"

"Because you're accustomed to it!" I corrected, "We are a fucking chore! Its sad, and depressing and frankly I dont even know what the fuck this is! We're worse than a fucking old married couple!"

We sat in silence for the rest of the ride while our door was opened for us. Thankfully though, it was only five minutes.

As soon as we stepped out we both became the biggest liars on this earth.

We plastered those customary smile on our faces, Niall laughed a bit every time the paps would tell us to kiss. He only kissed me once. Once inside, he introduced me as his girlfriend. I did the same to him, even though he didn’t ever need an introduction.

Everything was fine and dandy. Except when it wasn’t.

Which was always.

A/N: I did it guys. I actually posted on time. I did a thing.

Pciture on the Side is the dress Ava wore to the EMAs :)

Update:Xxxx-Daniela