23: Fearless

*****

"I can't," I said back to Niall, "I have a Meet & Greet in a couple of hours. How long are you staying in London?"

"well, the boys said two days, so they're leaving Monday but I wanted to visit my parents for a day at least." Niall replied.

The boys had a concert tonight at the O2 and since tomorrows Sunday, they had the day off.

"But if you want, I can stay and hang out with you!" Niall suggested.

"No," I said sternly, "Its been almost a month since you last even saw Greg, go visit them. We can hang out later."

I tried to smile even though I would rather have him here, with me instead.

"Are you sure?" Niall asked, "I mean Mullingar is always going to me there!"

"True," I said, "But when you're so far from home its hard to see your family all the time. Take what you can get and a little more. I’ll still be here when you get back.”

“Unless you like, get in an accident on your way to the Meet & Greet.”

Or,” I said while laughing, “The more preferable option, I don’t do that, and I live.”

Or,” Niall went on, “We think we’re going to get to hang out but then my flight crashes on a mountain on my way back and everyone thinks I died and I live the rest of my life as a hermit!”

"As fascinating as that sounds, and would make a killer Biography, there's no Mountains between London and Mullingar."

"Thats because my plane broke the top off!" Niall said with a laugh.

"Wow!" I said playing along, "Please, shine your wisdom upon me and describe your life as hermit!"

"A lot of rats," He said seriously, "There was this one dude, looked an awful lot like your dad too."

"Probably hiding from mum," I said. I looked at the time and realize it was time to say goodbye.

Again.

"I should go," I said, "I have to leave in a couple of minutes."

"Alright then," Niall said with a sigh, "I'll see you in a couple of weeks. Unless you somehow manage to get Minka to make our paths cross again like you did during the last tour."

"Not this time," I said with a laugh, "She already said it was and I quote:fucking annoying and delusional. I'm not falling for that shit again. She's a lovely person, right?"

I hear Nialls light chuckle and I smiled.

"Alright then," Niall said one again, "I love you."

"Love you too," I said back fighting back the smile that crawled onto my face.

"Who was on the phone?" asked Minka coming in as I was hanging up.

"No one," I looked at the camera,which just captured everything, "Just an old friend from Chicago. She's staying in London for a day until her flight to Australia takes off again tonight."

"You should make plans with her," she said, "You miss Chicago, might as well catch a glimpse of it for a while."

"Its fine. I can always visit some other time."

"If you say so," said Minka with a sigh, "So, you ready to go?"

I nodded my head and followed her out.

                         ****

I the screaming fans and let out a bright smile.