Chapter 43

Daisy ✧

Daisy

My lips had moved freely and had been placed on his.

I kissed him passionately, and he kissed me back with just as much passion.

His hands were all around my waist, and mine was wrapped loosely around his neck.

As the wind blew freely around us, our lips moved naturally.

I grinned against his lips as I drew my lips away from him.

"This is cliche." I mumble against his lips.

A breathless laugh leaves his lips possibly making me melt.

He pecks my lips once more before grabbing my waist and pulling me into his lap.

My ears listen to his steady heartbeat as I rest my head against his chest.

After a few more minutes, we were finally back on the ground.

Angel and I exited through the open doors.

We started walking hand in hand, we were heading towards the exit and my eyes caught onto the fairy floss stall next to the exit.

"Do you mind if I get some before we leave?" I ask as I gesture to the stall.

He nods and leads us over to the site.

I take a look around the area, my eyes catching sight of all the wonderful attractions. I adored the carnival because it was the only time I felt fully alive and like a regular teenager.

Angel placed my order and paid for it; I thanked him as usual, and he reacted with a nonchalant shrug.

As he listened to the person on the other end of the phone, I noticed his eyes concentrating on me.

I've noticed that when he thinks, his head tilts just a little and his eyes are always blank.

I found it cute.

I shifted my gaze away from him and observed the man preparing the wonderful surgery treat.

The man producing the fairy floss then slumped to the ground in the blink of an eye as a silent bullet passed through him.

As his body pooled with blood, I stepped back in surprise.

Angel saw this too as he hung up the phone and turned around to check behind him.

His face became as cold as ice, and he quickly wrapped his arm around me and pushed me behind him.

To see what was going on, I peered around his back.

Masked black-clothed men stood around the perimeter, large guns aimed at us. A tall muscular man, who appeared to be the commander, stood in front of them all.