Chapter 69

Daisy ✧

Daisy

Today was the day before Angel and I left for Italy.

I was ecstatic to be travelling; I hadn't left our small town since last year, and it had only been to California, which wasn't too far away.

Italy appeared to be a literal dream, and I was thrilled to be going with the one person I love.

I awoke in a bright and cheerful mood, having showered and dressed for the day.

I had to pack all day, as did Angel, and when I offered to help him, he protested and said he would call a maid to do it for us both.

But, because I don't like it when people touch my belongings, I stated I'd do it myself.

Angel was in the living room with Elio and Drake, so I skipped over to them.

Elio gave me a friendly smile and patted the seat next to him, which I gratefully accepted.

"Are you looking forward to it?" He turns to face me and asks.

"More than anything," I add with a smile.

"Wait, are you guys also coming?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"Drake and Lycian, too," He beams with happiness.

"Yes! That's great, we can do so many things, it'll be so much fun." I ramble.

Elio laughs and shakes his head in my direction.

"Yeah, and we need to get you a girlfriend," Drake props in.

I agree with him and nod my head.

"Italian babes!" Lycian yells from around the corner.

Elio huffs, "Guys, I'm fine being single."

"Plus, Drake is single too." He adds.

"Yeah but he's a man whòre, meaning he probably won't settle down till he's thirty or something..." Lycian mumbled.

I laughed and turned to face Angel, who was staring at his friends as if they were the stupidest people on the planet.

I lean over and place my head on his lap.

His eyes soften somewhat as his attention is drawn to me. His palm came to rest on my head, as he gently stroked my hair.

"I have a surprise for you tonight," I tell him.

A slight smirk appears on his lips as he lifts an eyebrow.

"And what is that?" With a mischievous glint in his eyes, he asks.

"It's a surprise isn't it?" I say, innocently shrugging.

He looks away from me and shakes his head.

"It's not fish, is it?" As he shifts his focus to his ringing phone, he says.

"Nope." I grin.

"Fish?" Lycian questions.