Chapter Three

I can't stop thinking about that guy I met, Liam. He was so sweet but overall he was hot. Like really hot. Maybe he'll be at another one of the frat house parties. Anyway, Harry is coming over to study tonight. I hate studying but when it's Harry who's helping me it's more fun. I hear the doorbell ring and I get up to answer but Lauren's beat me to it. Harry runs to me, picking me up in a bear hug. 

"Alright put me down." I laugh. He sets me down and looks at me with a smile.

"What are you so happy about?" I ask. 

"Guess who I asked on a date." He says trying to contain his excitement.

"Who?" I ask not really wanting to hear who the next girl is.

"Olivia." He answers looking proud. For some reason I feel a slight pang in my chest, This isn't just some girl, it's the girl everyone tries to get around here. She is the most popular girl here. Everyone wants her. It makes sense she'd want Harry though because he's hot. Ew did I just say that about my best friend.

"Oh that's good for you." I say.

"What's wrong?" He asks, his smile fading.

"I don't know Harry. She doesn't really do relationships. She just uses guys for hook ups." I say.

"You're not happy for me?" He asks sounding a little upset.

"No, I am Harry it's just I don't want you to get hurt." I say. No it's because that bitch don't deserve yo- woah calm down Jamal...

"I get it. If it were you I'd feel the same way." He says pulling me into a hug. 

"Okay, okay, let's study now." I laugh. 

***

Right now I'm walking to my English class. I finally reach the building and sit down at my usual seat. Someone taps my shoulder causing me to turn around. I'm faced with Liam.

"Liam, I didn't know you had this class." I say as he sits beside me.

"I didn't know you had this class either." He chuckles. The professor walks in interrupting our conversation.

"Shall we begin?" He says loudly.

***
English was less boring with Liam around. I really enjoy his company. Class is now over and I'm packing up my things.

"Would you maybe wanna get some lunch with me?" Liam asks. Lunch with Liam, sounds great.

"Yeah I'd love to. Just let me drop my stuff off." I smile.

"We can take my car and you can leave your stuff in there if you'd like." He suggests.

"Yeah okay." I nod.

Liam leads me out to his car and I get in the passenger side. He takes me to the best pizza place near campus as he said. We pull into the parking lot and walk into the building. I'm hit with the scent of pizza, obviously. It smells absolutely delicious. We get seated at table in a corner and the waitress takes out orders. I order a plain pepperoni pizza and Liam orders the same but with bacon and ham.

"I can't wait. I'm starving." I say.

"Me too." Liam chuckles.

"So how long have you been in college?" I ask, wanting to know more about him.

"This is my second year." He answers me. "What about you?"

"This is my first year." I say.

"Do you like it here so far?"

"It's not bad. I'm just glad I have Harry here with me." I smile at the thought of my best friend.

"You and Harry, how long have you been friends for?" Liam asks me.

"Our whole life. Our mothers are best friends and they wanted to be pregnant at the same time so that's how Harry and I came to be." I laugh.

"You and Harry seem really close." He says.

"Yeah. He's the best friend I could ever ask for." I say.

"Just friends?" Liam says quietly. Did he think Harry and I were more?

"Well best friends but yeah." I confirm. Before Liam can say anything else the waitress comes with our food. We thank her and begin eating. Liam was right, this pizza is amazing.

"Good right?" He smiles at me.

"Better than good. It's the best I ever had." I say, taking another bite of the cheesy goodness.

"I'm glad you enjoy it." He laughs.

***
It's been a week since I've met Liam. When we went out for pizza we exchanged numbers and have been texting every day. He's a really good guy. Besides that, Harry is coming over today. He's probably gonna tell me about his date with Olivia. Is it bad I'm hoping it went badly? What has gotten into me honestly. 

I hear the doorbell ring and go to get it. As I expected it is Harry. I let him inside and go to the living room. We both sit down and I wait for him to say something. 

"How'd it go?" I ask.

"It went great. I asked her to be my girlfriend." He says with a wide smile. I feel my heart drop and I don't understand why. Why do I care so much?

"Harry don't you think it's a bit soon you only went on one date with her." I say. 

"Yeah but I really like her and she likes me too." He attempts to reason with me. I know she probably is playing him but Harry won't believe me and I really don't wanna get into a fight. 

"Okay if you're happy." I sigh. He leans forward and hugs me.

"Love ya Ellie." he says into my shoulder.

"Love you too Harry." 

***

Today Liam invited me to a movie at his house. So that's where I am now. Sitting on his couch watching a movie with him. We even ordered pizza. It isn't as good as Harry and I's movie nights though. There I go making things about Harry again. I have a SERIOUS problem. Maybe all I need is a distraction from him. I scoot closer to Liam and he shyly wraps his arm around my waist. I look up at him to see he's already looking at me. His eyes go from my eyes to my lips like he doesn't know which one to look at. I take action and lean in. Our lips brush as we are only inches apart now. I want to kiss him, so I will. I connect our lips, he's a bit shocked at first but then kisses back. He pulls me onto his lap so that I'm straddling him. 

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" He asks against my lips. 

"Y-yeah." I breath out. He doesn't ask again but instead presses his lips to mine again.