Chapter Nine

Today Harry and I are going bowling like we planned to do before all this drama happened. Harry is taking a shower while I get ready in my room. Lauren said she'd be back on Monday for school which is nice. I haven't really been left alone here with her gone because Harry hasn't left since he and Olivia broke up. I don't mind he's here though. We hadn't been hanging out as much when he'd been dating Olivia. 

I go to my closet and pick out a maroon long sleeved shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. I put on my shoes and do my makeup. I keep it simple since it's just Harry and I. I leave my hair down and put a clip in it. Just as I finish getting ready my phone chimes on my desk. I get up and see a text from Liam. 

From Liam<3:

Wanna hang out tonight?

To Liam<3:

Sorry I'm going bowling with Harry tonight :( 

From Liam<3:

That's fine. What about tomorrow?

To Liam<3: 

Tomorrow's good. I'll see you then, I love you.

From Liam<3: 

I love you too.

I set my phone down just as Harry comes out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his waist and water dripping from his wet body. He looks so hot. 

"Just grabbing my clothes and then we can go." He says grabbing some clothes from his bag sitting on my bed. 

"K." I nod swallowing the lump in my throat. He walks back into the bathroom with his clothes. Have mercy, that was hot. 

***

"Ahaha! Strike!" Harry says excitedly. I roll my eyes at him playfully and grab my ball. I walk up to the lane and hold the ball in my right hand.

"Don't fail!" Harry teases. 

"Shush!" I warn looking him in the eyes. 

He laughs and puts his hands up in defense. I turn my attention back to the lane and pull my arm back. I roll the ball and it goes into the gutter again! I stand there staring at the stupid ball as it rolls to the end. I feel a pair of arms wrap around my neck and pull me close.

"Awe don't be sad Ellie. Not everyone can be good at bowling." Harry laughs. I pull away and punch him in the arm. 

"Jerk." I say, crossing my arms. He wraps his arms around my front this time and brings me into his chest.

"I'm kidding. Do you forgive me?" He says with a puppy face. How could I say no to that?

"Fine." I say with a small smile. 

After we play a few more games we sit down at the table and order some pizza. 

"You know Liam showed me this really good pizza place near campus. I should take you there one of these days." I say as I take a bite of my pizza.

"Oh yeah?" He laughs. 

"Yeah it's so good. You would love it." I smile at the boy across from me.

 "I'm looking forward to it. So what are you up to tomorrow?" He asks.

"I'm going to Liam's. What about you?" I ask him. 

"Nothing. I was hoping we could do something but you're busy." He explains. Now I feel bad. Maybe I should invite him? No I think Liam would be upset. 

"Well you could hang around my dorm until I get back. I won't be there all day." I suggest.

His face lights up, "Okay. Maybe we can watch some movies when you get back." He smiles. 

"Totally, but I'm picking this time." I laugh. 

***

I wake up to my alarm clock going off. I look at the time and see it's already 1. This must be my alarm I set so I don't sleep the whole day. I feel warmth beside me which means Harry's not awake either. Yes, Harry's here. When is he not? He's been staying here the past few days which I've said. I climb over Harry which he responds to with a grunt. I laugh and go to my closet. I grab leggings and a sweater and go to the bathroom. I quickly get ready and grab my phone to let Liam know I'm on my way. I walk over to Harry and slightly nudge him.

"Harry I'm leaving for Liam's." I let him know. 

"K." He mumbles into a pillow.

"Bye." I say leaning down to hug him. Even though he's half asleep he wraps one arm around me. 

"Bye, be safe." He says more awake now. 

"I will. Love ya." I laugh.

"Love you too." He says before rolling over to face the wall. 

***

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." Liam says as we lay on his couch watching a random show together.

"I know. I just want to be here for Harry right now." I say as I lay on his chest.

"I understand. Haven't you spent the whole weekend with him though?" he asks. 

Once I think about it, it does seem like a long time. Three days not counting today. Three days straight. That concludes of waking up at 10 and spending the whole day together until 2 am and then sleeping in the same bed. I guess we really have been together a lot more than I thought.

"Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and today." I answer.

"Today? When did you see you him today?" He asks curiously. 

"He's stayed at my place since Thursday night." I tell him. 

"Oh." He says. "There's nothing going on between you guys right?" 

"No of course not. He's my best friend so I see him a lot." I say. I don't want him to feel like he's always gonna be in second place in a way. 

"Okay. I just don't want anyone stealing my girl." He says pressing a kiss to my temple. I'm about to say something when my phone rings. I pull it out of my back pocket and see it's my Mum.

"Hey Mum." I say bringing the phone up to my ear.

"Hello. How are you?" She asks.

"I'm good, you?" 

"I'm good. So I was wondering if you and Harry wanted to come home to visit this weekend?" She asks sweetly. My Mum absolutely adores Harry.

"Oh I don't know about Harry but I'd love to Mum. I can ask Harry when I get home." I answer.

"Oh where are you at now? Why is Harry at your dorm when you're not there?" She asks curiously.

"I'm at my uh boyfriends.." I answer. I wait for her to say something that tells me she's happy for me.

"Boyfriend? How long have you been dating and why am I just now finding out?" She asks. 

"Yes, boyfriend. We've been dating for a few weeks." I say.

"What's his name? What does he look like?" She blurts out.

"Mum calm down," I laugh. "His name's Liam." Liam smiles as I tell my Mum about him. 

"He sounds wonderful honey. Anyway, why is Harry at your place?" She asks.

"Oh his girlfriend cheated on him, well ex, and he's been at my place for a few days." I explain not giving too much detail. 

"Oh my poor baby, tell him I hope he feels better, will you?" She says sounding sad. I know she feels really upset about it.

"I will. Alright bye Mum." I say.

"Bye hon." She says. I hang up and put my phone on the coffee table.

"You really think all that about me?" Liam smirks referring to what I told my Mum about him.

"Mhm." I smile hugging him close to me again. Liam and I lay like this for a few hours until I go back home to Harry.