Epilogue

Two years later

I finished brushing through my hair one last time before I finally was done.

Harry and I are going on a date today. He planned a cute little picnic in our backyard for us.

After Harry and I finished college we moved back home and bought a house together. Life was going amazing for us.

"Babe, I'm ready." I called out to harry as I left our room.

I heard no reply so I kept walking through the house, waiting for his voice to sound from somewhere. But then I saw him, waiting in the backyard for me.

My eyes widened as a smile grew on my face from the sight in front of me. Harry was standing over a blanket that was layed on the grass, my favorite takeout sitting on top of it. There were flower petals scattered around the blanket and some string lights hung from the porch.

"Harry." I said, love flooding my voice as my hand went up to cover my mouth.

"Do you like it?" He asked nervously, unsure of himself.

I smiled sweetly, walking up to him and taking his face in my hands.

"Of course I do. It's beautiful." I reassure him. "Thank you."

His face broke out into an adorable little smile. "Good, I'm glad you like it."

I leaned forward, closing the gap between us, kissing him soft and slow. He placed his hands on my waist, gently pushing me away.

"C'mon let's eat."

We both sat down beside each other on the soft blanket. Harry grabbed the bag of food and started taking everything out, placing it in front of us.

"You always know my favorite things." I stared at him with admiration as he glanced up at me with a grin.

"Of course I do. I know you like the back of my hand El." He chuckled, handing me a fork.

"Do you?" I teased.

He leaned forward, pecking my lips. "I do."

I giggled, pushing him away.

We ate our food after that, reminiscing on memories from the past and laughing at stupid jokes Harry made. Overall, it was so much fun. I loved little dates like this with him.

"I'm gonna take care of all of this." Harry told me, gathering up our garbage and taking it inside.

I leaned back on the palms of my hands, staring up at the moon, wondering how I had gotten so lucky to have ended up with someone like him. To have ended up with my best friend.

Soon, I heard the door open.

"Finally, your-"

When I turned around to look at Harry, he was down on one knee, a small black velvet box sat in his hand with a gorgeous ring inside of it.

"Ellie...will you marry me?" He asked, his eyes sparkling from the moon.

I nodded. "Yes, yes I'll marry you Harry."

He instantly smiled brighter than he already was as he held out his hand. I placed my shaky hand in his, feeling the warmth of his skin against mine. He carefully slid the ring onto my finger, shoving the empty box in his pocket.

"It's beautiful." I gushed.

He stood up, his arms winding around my waist and pulling me against him.

"I can't believe you said yes." He smiled, pecking my lips.

"I would never say anything but yes." I smiled against his lips.

"I love you, Ellie." He whispered, leaning his forehead against mine.

"I love you too, Harry."

THE END