Chapter Thirty Four

I couldn't sleep after last night. Is it my fault we got in an argument? Was I being dramatic? I don't trust Olivia one bit to believe everything Harry told me. Either way, I don't have any clothes here so I have to go back home and see Harry. I just hope it goes well.

So here I am, standing in front of the door. I finally open the door and see Louis and Niall on the couch watching a football match. Their heads turn my way.

"Ellie you're back." Niall smiles.

"Uh yeah...Is Harry here?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah he's in your guys bedroom." He answers.

I nod and walk slowly to our room. Why am I so nervous, it's just Harry. My best friend and boyfriend. I stop when I hear Harry's voice. Is he alone?

"She doesn't believe anything I'm saying Liv." He sighs. Liv? Oh so they have nicknames now? What are they, best friends?

"Harry, I hate to say this but maybe she isn't the one. She doesn't trust you clearly. Do yoi really wanna be with someone like that?" I hear Olivia's voice through speakerphone.

At this point my bloods boiling. How dare she really say all that shit after she cheated on Harry. And I don't believe for a second that she was "forced to cheat".

I open the door and Harry's mouth falls open.

"I- I gotta go." He stutters trying to hang up. He's acting so guilty.

"What the actual fuck Harry? Now you're talking about our relationship with her?" I say, unable to control my rage.

"We were just talking El." He makes excuses.

"Harry, I literally heard you guys talking about me. So you guys are best friends now or something?" I squint at him in anger.

"So you're jealous? That's what all this is about then?" He scoffs.

"No Harry that isn't what this is about! It's about you lying to me and seeing her and then once we get in a argument here you are telling her everything! And after what she did to you? Really Harry?" I say.

"I told you Ellie! She didn't want to do any of that! She needed someone and I was there for her. What's so wrong with that?!" He yells.

I really hope the boys can't hear any of this.

I let a tear fall down my cheek. "The problem Harry is that you did this all behind my back! If you're telling the truth then why did you not tell me?" I cry.

"Please, stop crying El. It's okay I promise." He says putting his hands on my cheeks.

I yank them off. "No it's not okay! I can't do this anymore Harry! You've clearly shown who you're picking here and it's not me."

"What? No- you can't break up with me." His voice cracks.

"Yes I can and I am Harry...you don't don't care about my feelings. It's just 'Livs' feelings." I roll my eyes, quoting what he called her.

"Please, I love you." He says teary eyed.

"Do you?" I ask sobbing at this point.

Before he can even answer I leave the room walking as fast as I can to avoid the boys.

***
After I got back to Lauren and Zayns place I went straight to the guest room.I cried and cried. I cried until I physically couldn't anymore. I feel like everything around me is just crumbling. It hit me that I didn't just break up with my boyfriend- I lost my best friend. My best friend since birth. Everything will be so awkward at family gatherings now.

I finally decided I was going to get up. I walked out of the room and went to the kitchen where Zayn and Lauren sat at the counter eating some fruit.

"Hey you guys." I say quietly.

"Hey," Lauren said, pressing her lips together to form a small smile.

"I know this is kind of a lot to ask from you guys...but Harry and I broke up and I need somewhere to stay." I said, my voice cracking. I felt like crying again.

Lauren's face saddened. "Come here,"

She opened her arms to me and I happily obliged and hugged her. I cried into her shoulder. She pulled away after a few minutes.

"You can stay as long as you need, you're always welcome El." Zayn smiled.

"Thank you guys." I said as I wiped the tears from my cheeks.

After eating fruit with them I decided to go back to the guest room which was now my room for a while I guess, and take a shower. Once I'd showered I crawled into bed. I stared at the ceiling feeling lost.

Life was gonna be so much different without him. I love him. I don't think I'll ever not love him. My heart felt like it was being ripped from my chest. I never felt this way when Liam and I broke up. I thought that pain was bad but this is a million times worse. I just want things to be normal again. I don't want to be living here, I don't want to have to call my mom and tell her Harry and I are over, I don't want to be over, I never wanted any of this. Why couldn't he of just told the truth? Maybe then this wouldn't of happened.

My eyelids became heavy and soon I felt myself drifting off to sleep.