Chapter Twenty Seven

I open the door and it's Harry. He looks up at me hurt.

"Why didn't you come by?" You said you would," he says.

"I-i was scared..." I say.

"Of what Ellie?" He asks.

"Come inside," I tell him walking inside. He follows behind me and we sit on the couch.

"Why were you scared?"

"Because I thought you regretted last night...and I didn't want our relationship to be ruined." I explain looking down at my hands in my lap.

His hand reaches for mine making me look up. "I don't regret anything El...I love you and I have for so long."

Am I hearing this right? "You have?"

"Yes. I don't know how you couldn't tell."

"I love you too...I have loved you for a while now too." I tell him.

"I don't wanna just be friends anymore El." He says.

"Either do I Harry." I said.

"Then will you be my girlfriend?" He asks nervously.

"I don't know Harry, will you be my boyfriend?" I smile. The corners of his lips turn up into a smile. He leans in and kisses me.

I smile into the loss as he does the same. "Yes I will," he says.

It's finally happened. Harry and I are together. I finally have him after all this time. I don't have to hide it or pretend anymore.

"Stay here tonight?" I ask him.

"Of course darling," he says. "Wanna go to sleep now?"

I nod and he helps me up off the couch. We go into my room and get into bed. I changed into one of Harrys hoodies that I stole and gave Harry a pair of joggers he left here.

"I'm so happy I don't have to pretend to not be in love with you anymore." I tell him, laying on his chest.

"Me too, it's was hard."

"At least I have you now." I say sleepily.

"Yes you do darling," he says kissing my head.

***
It's the next morning and Harry and I just got to his dorm. We walk inside and sit on the couch. I scoot closer to Harry who wraps his arm around my shoulder. I lean my head against his and sink into his side.

"Oi! It's the fuckbirds!!" I hear Louis' loud voice say.

Harry groans and pulls a blanket over our bodies. 

"You're being quiet today, you weren't being this quiet the other night." Niall laughs.

I hide my face under the blankets. "It was her being so loud not me!" Harry says. Reallyyyy Harry.

"Oh don't be a liar! We heard you too!" Louis laughs.

"I know but she was the one being so bloody loud!" Harry laughs.

"Can we not talk about this?" I groan from under the blankets still.

"Fine! We'll leave you guys alone." Niall says. He and Louis walk off to the other end of the house.

"Wanna go to Zayn and Laurens later Haz?" I ask him still cuddled up to him.

"Sure," he said. It's quiet for a while until Harry speaks up.

"How do we tell our parents? You think they'll be happy?"

"Of course they will. Didn't you see how excited they sounded when they found those hickeys and thought we were together?" I laugh.

"That's true," he laughs. "Maybe we could head there this weekend?"

"Yeah, that sounds good." I agree.

"Gimme a kiss," he says, puckering his lips.

I laugh, leaning up to kiss his lips. It's so different calling him my boyfriend instead of my best friend but it's a good different. I'm happy. We're happy. 

***
Harry and I stand together in Lauren and Zayn's kitchen.

"Ellie that shirt is so cute, where did you get it?" Lauren asks.

"Uhm I don't remember," I say looking down at the shirt. I look over at Harry who's in a conversation with Zayn. He catches me looking and smiles.

"That's too bad, I want one." She pouts.

Harry walks over, his arm snaking around my waist. I give him a quick kiss on the lips. I hear Lauren squeel so loud I think my eardrums might burst.

"Did you just kiss????!!!" She asks.

"Yeah....we're sorta together now." I smile.

"Come on, you have some explaining to do." She says grabbing my arm and pulling me away from Harry.

She drags me into her and Zayn's room and sits on the bed. I sit beside her.

"How did this happen?!" She asks excitedly. 

"Well...the other night we were watching a movie like normal together and then he just kinda kissed me," I say.

"He kissed you? What about the deal you guys made?"

"That's what I said and to that he said fuck the deal." I smile thinking back to it.

"And then what happened?"

"Well we kinda...." I laugh nervously. 

"Oh my gosh Ellie! You're telling me you slept with Harry? You're best friend who you've been in love with?" She says putting the pieces together.

I nod, blushing. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you."

"So are you official now?"

"Yeah. He asked me to be his girlfriend this morning." I smile.

"I'm so happy for you!" She says pulling me into a hug.

"But tell me, how was it?" She teases.

And that's how the rest of our night went. Talking about my hook up with my best friend. 

***
I sit down at my seat and am surprised when I hear a familiar voice.

"Hey,"

I turn and see Liam. I've missed him so much. I'm over him I know that but I've missed him as a friend.

"Hi! How are you?" I ask.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm great. I've missed you."

"I missed you too." He admits.

"Hey, we should hang out sometime. My numbers the same." I tell him with a smile.

"It might just take you up on that offer." He smiles. It's good to see him smile again. 

We stop talking when the professor walks in and begins the lesson.