Chapter Eighteen

Harry gets up and I jump up, grasping his shirt. 

"Woah," He chuckles.

"Where are you going?" I ask trying to sound calm and not scared. 

"I was gonna make popcorn.." He says confused.

"Oh," I laugh nervously. "Alright."

I sit back down as he walks into the kitchen. Now I'm alone..I force myself to look at the screen and just when I do there's something scary that pops up. I gasp and hide my face with the blankets. I wish Harry would come back already. I pull the blanket down just enough for me to see a little and immediately pull it back up. I hear footsteps and slowly remove the blankets but scream when there is a face in front of mine. I relax when I see it's Harry. 

"What are you doing?" He laughs with a popcorn bowl in his hand. 

"Nothing," I smile to cover up the fact that I'm scared. 

"It's not because you're scared right?" he smirks. I'm not gonna show that I'm scared.

"No, not at all." I reply quickly. 

"If you say so." He shrugs sitting down at the other end of the couch. I know what he's doing, he knows I'm scared but he wants me to admit it. Well it's not gonna work. He then takes the blanket all to himself. 

I pull my knees up to my chest and continue watching the movie. 

***

I grab the remote and press the up button so it shows how much is left. 30 minutes. Fuck, I can't stand this any longer. I scoot closer to Harry slowly so he doesn't notice. Of course I fail. I know this because I watch the smirk appear on his lips. I glare at him even though he's not looking at me. 

"Oh hey what are you doing over here El?" He asks innocently. Note the sarcasm. 

"I'm scared okay?" I say crossing my arms. 

He laughs, throwing his head back. Even when he's being annoying I can't help but to notice how beautiful he is and how lucky I am to have him in my life. 

"I knew it!" He says in a funny voice. 

"Shut up and give me some of that blanket," I say snatching some of the blanket from him. 

As we watch the movie it gets scarier and scarier. I move closer to Harry little by little. I hear Harry chuckle and now I realize that I'm literally in Harry's lap and holding onto the collar of his shirt. 

"Sorry," I say attempting to move away from him but he keeps a firm grip on my waist. 

"Don't be, you're just scared." He says. He turns his attention back to the movie. 

I lay my head back against his chest. A scary thing happens and I jump. Harry chuckles.

"I think that's enough for tonight," he says turning the movie off.

***
I feel movement underneath me and open my eyes a little. I see Harry getting up. I close my eyes and pretend I'm still asleep. I'm sneaky like that.

He kneels down next to me and brushes some hair away from my face.

"If only you knew.." he whispers.

If only I knew..what's that supposed to mean? He leans down and kisses my forehead. My heart flutters in my chest. I don't know what's going on but I love it.   

"Harry?" I say opening my eyes like I just woke up.

"Yea?" He says staring deeply into my eyes.

"What are you doing, its late." I say sitting up slightly.

"Just going to the bathroom. I'll be right back." He says before walking off.

I don't know what it is I feel for him but its certainly strong...

***

I wake up to my alarm and know that I have school today. It's gonna be awkward between Liam and I, I just know it. Maybe I'll just sit away from him. I push Harry's arm off of me and turn my alarm off. 

"What the hell El?" Harry groans. 

"Sorry," I apologize as I walk into my bedroom and grab my clothes for the day. I hear footsteps and Harry stands in the doorway as I brush my teeth. 

"Are you leaving?" I ask but you can't really understand because of my mouthful of toothpaste. 

"What?" He chuckles deeply.

I spit the toothpaste into the sink. "I said, are you leaving?" 

"Yeah I gotta get to some classes but I'll be back after." He says.

 "Alright," I say, putting my toothbrush back. 

I close the bathroom door in Harry's face and change quickly. When I open the door to walk out I expected him to not be in front of the door anymore but I'm wrong as my body collides into his. He grabs me by the waist to steady me. 

"Why are you still outside the door?" I ask trying to hide the blush on my cheeks. 

"Why'd you slam the close the door in my face?" He smirks. 

"Because I needed to change," I shrug moving away from his grasp and grabbing my shoes. I sit on the floor and put them on. He stands above me, looking down.

"Can I help you?" I ask looking up at him. 

"Yeah, since you're down there why don't you uh," he smirks.

"Harry Ew!" I say smacking his leg. He chuckles.

"I know you wanna." He says holding his hand out for me to take. I take his hand and he pulls me up and into his chest.

"You're such a flirt today Haz," I laugh pulling away from him and grabbing my bag.

"Wanna go to a party tonight?" He asks.

Immediately I get flash backs of the last party I went to. Me drunk, Liam annoyed with me, and Harry nowhere to be found. That is what made Liam make the big choice of breaking up with me.

"Harry I- ya know what I'll go. Maybe it'll keep my mind off things." I force a smile.

"That's the spirit!" He says patting me on the back.

"Alright I'm leaving," I laugh.

"Bye!" He yells out as I walk out the door.