XXII

"ARE YOU GOING to go back to Midgard after this?" Thor asked Olivia as they walked to the palace, going to meet with Odin

"Well, if you don't mind, I'd rather tag along with you," Olivia scratched the nape of her neck nervously.

Thor smiled and ruffled her hair, "That would be great, Sister."

Olivia let out a breath of relief, "Thanks."

"No need to thank me," Thor shook it off, "You are my sister after all."

The blonde snorted, "All right, don't get all cheesy with me."

They both walked in, Olivia allowing Thor to go in front of her while she now followed him at a distance. Odin stood in front of his throne as he was waiting for his children.

Thor kneeled a few feet away and Olivia stood a few feet away from him.

"You know, son, you once said there would never be a wiser king than me," Odin began, "The Alignment has brought all the realms together. Every one of them saw you offer your life to save them. What can Asgard off it's new king in return?"

"My life," Thor answered before he stood up, "Father, I cannot be king of Asgard. I will protect Asgard and all the realms with my last and every breath, but I cannot do so from that chair. Loki, for all grave imbalance, understood rule as I know I never will. The brutality, the sacrifice... It changes you. I'd rather be a good man than a great king."

Olivia smiled like a proud sister as she listened to the conversation.

"Is this my son I hear, or the woman he loves?" Odin questioned.

"When you speak, do you never hear mother's voice?" Odin sighed as Thor spoke, "This is not for Jane, Father. She does not know what I came here to say. Now, forbid me to see her or say she can rule at my side. It changes nothing."

"One son who wanted the throne too much, another who will not take it," Odin sighed and looked back at Olivia, "And a daughter who cannot have it. Is this my legacy?"

Olivia laughed sarcastically and flipped him off.

Thor gave her look that said 'calm down', and Olivia rolled her eyes but obliged.

He looked back to Odin, "Loki died with honor. I shall try to live the same. Is that not legacy enough?"

Thor looked down at his hammer and put it up, handing it back to him.

Odin shook his head as he sighed again, "It belongs to you. If you are worthy of it."

"I shall try to be."

The father sighed, "I cannot give you my blessing, nor can I wish you a good fortune."

"I know," he nodded before turning around.

"If I were proud of the man my son had become..." Odin continued, causing Thor to freeze and slowly turned, "... even that, I could not say. It would speak only from my heart. Go, my son."

Thor smiled, "Thank you, Father."

Olivia smiled, too, and was about ready to leave with him.

"My daughter," Odin called out, causing Liv to freeze and turn around, "I'm sorry I was not a better father to you. You deserve a good life, one I could not grant. But I do, truly, wish you one now."

A small smile tugged on Olivia's lips.

"Thanks, Dad," she chuckled, "You know, I bet Loki would be looking up at us, smiling."

"Looking up?"

"Oh, yeah," Olivia shrugged, "Loki's definitely in hell."

And with that, both siblings walked out, chuckling as they were excited for their new adventures together, unaware of their "dead" brother behind them.

Guess Loki and Olivia had another thing in common.

They always come back when you least expect it.