XXXI

"ULTRON KNOWS WE'RE coming," Steve started his inspirational speech in the jet, "Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire

"ULTRON KNOWS WE'RE coming," Steve started his inspirational speech in the jet, "Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not going to happen tonight. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Leave the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

That was the speech that had been running through Olivia's mind as she entered an underground facility with Bruce, looking for her wife.

Clint had said she was here, so that's where they both went. It was nerve-wracking, how she could be walking on anything. Natasha could be really hurt or worse...

Olivia shuddered, deciding to push the image out of her head.

"Natasha?" Olivia called out, once again. "Natasha!"

"Olivia?" An all-too-familiar voice called out.

Olivia and Bruce ran to where the voice was and found Natasha in a cell.

Olivia ran up to the cell, sighing of relief. "You all right? He didn't hurt you, did he?"

"Don't worry about it," Natasha sniffled as she smiled, "I'm all right. Now that you're here, I'm all good."

Bruce stepped up beside the blonde, "The team is in the city. It's about to light up."

Natasha nodded, "I don't suppose you found a key lying around somewhere."

"Yeah, we did," Olivia shrugged.

"What?" Bruce turned to her, confused, "No, we didn't."

"Well, then again, I am the key."

With that, Olivia opened her void and jumped in, immediately teleporting into Natasha's cell.

Natasha chuckled and engulfed the woman into a hug. Olivia immediately hugged back, holding on for dear life.