XLVII

WALKING UP THE BIG MOUNTAIN WAS DIFFICULT

WALKING UP THE BIG MOUNTAIN WAS DIFFICULT. So many ways to die. Luckily nobody did as Olivia, Clint and Natasha were all at the top.

"Ah," Natasha panted, "I bet the raccoon didn't have to climb a mountain."

"Technically he's not a raccoon, you know?" Clint panted as well.

"Oh, whatever," Olivia looked up at him, "He eats garbage."

"Welcome," a voice suddenly said, causing all three ex-assassins to pull out a weapon; whether it was from a void or a compartment as they turned around toward it.

"Natasha," the unknown being spoke, "Daughter of Ivan."

He turned his head slightly to Olivia who stood in the middle.

"Olivia. Daughter of Odin," he looked at Clint who held up his sword, "Clint. Son of Edith."

All three of them walked up closer, their weapons still on full display.

"Who are you?" Natasha asked as her gun was pointed to the anonymous.

"Consider me a guide... to you... and to all who seek the Soul Stone," he responded.

"Oh, good," Olivia sarcastically replied, "You tell us where it is, then we'll be on our jolly way."

He spoke German before walking up, revealing his face... or skull, "If only it were that easy."

All three people tilted their heads as they watched him walk up to the end of the mountain.

Clint, Olivia, and Natasha followed, looking down briefly as well.

"What you seek lies in front of you," he resumed, "As what you fear."

"The stone's down there," Natasha observed as she continued to look down.