第二章

The two men searched around for the cause of the noise they had just heard. Shuffling could be heard back behind a building by some trashcans. Hashirama stepped closer to see what it was.

A cat came barreling out, chasing after a mouse. It scurried past the two men and into the trees. They both jumped back, startled by the surprise.

Hashirama laughed, "Are you alright? Did the cat scare you?"

Madara stood still, looking pale. His eyes glanced over to Hashirama, who was looking warmly at Madara.

"I-I'm fine." he assured. The crack in his voice gave him away. However, it wasn't the cat that scared Madara. It was his feelings for Hashirama.

"Let's walk back." Hashirama announced, motioning Madara to follow.

They walked back to the main road and headed towards their homes. Their shoulders brushed against each other as they walked. In his peripheral, Madara could see Hashirama smiling to himself.

"Hashirama?" Madara called out softly.

Hashirama looked up to meet the eyes of the dark-haired man beside him. His attention changed to the home appearing in front of them as they walked. It was Hashirama's.

"Why don't you come inside?" Hashirama asked, his voice soft.

The two stopped in front of the door, facing each other. Hashirama leaned against his doorway, resting his hand on the doorknob.

"It's late. We have much to do tomorrow." Madara reminded. He started to walk away, but Hashirama grabbed his arm.

"You were going to ask me something earlier?" Hashirama prodded, pulling the man back in front of him. He was referring to just moments ago.

"Oh, it was nothing. We can talk tomorrow." Madara assured, trying his best to convince the brunette.

Hashirama frowned and gave a nod. He let go of Madara's arm to let him go on about his way. However, as he turned to leave, Hashirama grabbed him again once more. This time, he pulled Madara close to him.

Madara fumbled his steps, falling into Hashirama's arms. For a moment, they stood still, holding each other. Madara pressed his forehead against Hashirama's, allowing himself to be vulnerable for once.

"What are you doing, Hashirama?" he asked, his voice low.

The world around them was quiet. Only the glow of the moon was shining on them.

Hashirama pressed himself closer to Madara. Their eyes met, only an inch away from each other.

"Hashirama." Madara pressed. He squeezed the brunette's arm, hoping to get a reaction from him. The suspense was eating at Madara.

Without answering, Hashirama pressed his lips against Madara's. The two sank into each other, melting together as they kissed.

Madara moved his hands to grasp Hashirama's hair. Hashirama tightened his grip around Madara's waist, pulling at him to be closer. Time seemed to stand still for a moment.

Madara pulled away quickly, his eyes falling to the ground. The two stood in silence with the only sound being their heavy breathing.

"Madara, I'm sor-"

"It's okay." Madara interrupted. "I should get home."

Madara swiftly left, disappearing down the gravel path. Hashirama stood by his door, watching the empty darkness. He brought his hand to his lips, gently touching where Madara just had.

He entered his home and went to sleep, dreaming of the kiss they shared.

_________________________________