第46章

Hashirama stayed busy most of the day. He had much to do before he went away for the weekend. Tobirama spent the day with him to make sure he was prepared to sit as the temporary-Hokage while he was gone. With him hanging around, Hashirama knew that Madara would certainly stay away.

"You should head home, Hashirama, so you can prepare for your trip. I can finish up everything," Tobirama sighed tiredly. He was leaning against the window behind the desk, with papers in his hand.

"Are you sure? I don't want to leave you scrambling while I'm away," Hashirama replied as he stacked papers into neat piles.

"Don't worry about it, big brother," he assured.

Hashirama quickly gathered his things and said a brief goodbye to Tobirama before heading out into the village.

He found himself walking towards Madara's home, taking the most discreet path to get there. His mind was heavy with thoughts of Mito, and now his angry "boyfriend."

As he approached his home, he noticed that none of the lights were on in the house. He checked nearly every window, hoping to find him.

No one was home.

Where did he go?

Hashirama tried opening the door.

Locked.

He decided to go around to the back and to try opening the window to his room.

It's open.

He crawled inside and shut the window behind him. The home was dead-silent.

Hashirama crept around the home, trying his best to find his way in the dark. He fumbled towards the front of the house so he could sit and wait.

Madara is going to think I'm a creep for this...

Before he could make it to the couch, he bumped into a table. A vase tumbled to the floor and shattered everywhere.

Dammit.

Hashirama rushed looking for something to clean up the mess before Madara came back. It was impossible to find anything in the pitch-black darkness. With no luck in the front, Hashirama rushed down the hall to continue looking.

As Hashirama disappeared from sight, Madara finally came home. Upon entering, the first thing he noticed was the shattered vase on the floor. He quietly shut the door and glanced around the room. His senses were immediately heightened as he could feel someone else was in the home. He activated his sharingan and immediately spotted chakra moving around in one of his rooms.

Without making a sound, he dashed towards the chakra. As he burst through the room, he swiftly apprehended Hashirama with a kunai pressed to his neck.

"Madara, it's me!" Hashirama yelped.

He pushed Hashirama away frantically, and dropped the kunai.

"What the hell are you doing?" he shouted.

As he looked closer, he noticed Hashirama held a broom in his hand.

"I was trying to clean up the mess I made!" Hashirama explained in a panic.

"No, what the hell are you doing in my house?" Madara corrected.

"I was going to come see you, but you weren't home! So I just thought I'd wait inside, and now I'm realizing that was a horrible idea!" Hashirama confessed.