第22章

"No one is going to stop me, Tobirama," Hashirama exclaimed, feeling angrier by the second.

"You're owned by the Feudal Lords. You don't have a choice anymore," Tobirama growled.

"That's such bullshit. They can't make me do anything," Hashirama remarked.

"You're so naive, Hashirama. No one will ever accept Madara. He is ruthless and has struck fear in many people. The thought of him having you wrapped around his finger will not sit well with leaders and villagers. It has to end before he gets any ideas," Tobirama protested.

Hashirama charged towards his brother, filled with a rage he has never felt before. He grabbed Tobirama's collar with his fist and yanked him centimeters away from his face.

"You know nothing about him," he fumed.

Tobirama looked unbothered by the situation. He sat still in Hashirama's grip with a smug grin on his face.

"You're hopeless," Tobirama scoffed.

Hashirama let go of Tobirama and shoved him hard against the desk, causing it to make a loud scratching sound on the hardwood floors. Finally evoking a reaction, Tobirama bounced back up and swung at Hashirama. He barely dodged it, but managed to tackle Tobirama onto the floor. As they tumbled to the floor, they hit and tugged on each other. Papers and other items crashed to the floor and furniture was knocked around. Getting the upperhand, Hashirama pinned Tobirama to the floor.

"Why won't you let me be happy?" Hashirama snarled.

"Madara won't make you happy, you idiot. He is only going to cause trouble for you. I'm trying to help you," Tobirama cried out in frustration.

"You're going to ruin everything!" Hashirama screamed, shaking his brother by his collar.

Right in that moment, an aide had rushed into the office and was watching them fearfully. The two brothers froze and stared back at the aide.

"Is everything alright?" she whimpered as she trembled in the doorway.

They rushed to their feet, looking embarrassed.

"Yes, we're fine. Please give us some privacy," Hashirama replied sheepishly.

The young girl nodded and quickly exited the room. Her footsteps could be heard running down the hall. The two brothers stood in silence, unable to look at each other.

Tobirama made his way to the door, but stopped right before opening it to leave. He turned and looked at Hashirama with a face of sadness.

"I'm just trying to look out for you. I don't want you to get hurt," he sighed.

He left, leaving Hashirama alone in the office. The only thing on his mind now was going to find Madara. Hashirama waited a few minutes before leaving, just to make sure Tobirama wouldn't be lingering around outside. He made a mad dash for their meeting location, going unnoticed in the village. The rain was pouring hard again, drenching him completely as he ran.

"Madara?" Hashirama cried out as he entered their private spot.

Madara leapt in front of him, immediately taking Hashirama into his arms.

"What happened?" Madara asked shakily.

"He knows everything. He talked to the Feudal Lords and they're going to do something. I don't know-"

"Tobirama knows?" Madara interrupted, sounding shocked.

"He's had eyes on me this whole time, watching my every move. That's why we kept seeing people spying on us. He has been onto us for a long time," Hashirama explained frantically.

Madara looked pale. It seemed as if all the life inside of him was sucked out. His eyes were nearly black, making Hashirama afraid to even look into them. He was hurting deeply, but was trying his best to keep it together.

"What did he tell them?" Madara asked harshly.

"No one wants us to be together. That's all I know," Hashirama answered, telling half of the truth.

"It's about me, Hashirama. You're withholding information from me so spit it out," Madara urged.

Hashirama sank in Madara's chest, feeling the pressure of everything weigh on him. Tears streamed down his face, getting lost in the rain water that soaked him. He had to tell him the truth, even if it hurt him.

"They think I'm distracted and you might be using me. That's what Tobirama said, at least. I don't know what they're going to do, but we need to figure something out," Hashirama explained with sadness in his voice.

"I can kill them all," Madara said dryly.

"You're forgetting Tobirama is still my brother," Hashirama snapped, shoving Madara backwards.

"He's a threat," Madara replied emotionless.

"We can still try to fix this, Madara. They can't force us apart. Right?" Hashirama pleaded.

"What do you propose we do then?"

His mind was blank. He didn't even know what they were planning on doing, or if it was even possible for them to do something like this.

"I don't know, yet. Maybe I can meet with the Feudal Lords myself and explain. You could come with me and we can show them we aren't doing anything wrong," Hashirama spoke somewhat optimistically.

Madara shook his head gently, looking almost amused by Hashirama's suggestion.

"They're not going to change their minds. Who knows what Tobirama has told them," Madara growled.

"What if we talk to the Elders?"

"Those old, conservative assholes? That will doing nothing," Madara argued.

Hashirama reached out his hand, hoping Madara would take it into his. However, all he did was swat it away.

"Are you giving up on us? Is this it?" Hashirama questioned, his voice breaking as he forced back tears.

"It would be easier for you if it ended here," Madara sighed, looking down at the ground.

Hashirama could hear the pain in his voice. He knew he didn't mean what he said. Grabbing his face with both hands, Hashirama crashed his lips into Madara's. Rather than push him away, Madara wrapped his arms around Hashirama and pulled him closer until they were chest-to-chest. Despite everything that was happening, their current worries seemed to be the last thing on their minds. They felt safe together.

"Losing you is not an option for me," Hashirama expressed as he pulled away from Madara's lips. "I will figure this out. No one can keep us apart."

"What will we do then?" Madara asked, sounding more hopeful.

Hashirama really had no answer for him. He didn't know what to do or what to even expect. If he weren't Hokage, he would just suggest running away together. But unfortunately, things are not that easy. Getting hitched even came across Hashirama's mind, but even that would be fruitless. They would still need approval.

"I'll think of something."