第30章

hi friends!
did i scare some of you in the last chapter? ;)

i hope so 😈

______________________________

Everyone was gathered around at the conference table discussing the new relationship between their villages and the upcoming wedding. Mito was escorted to another room so business could be dealt with. All eyes were on Hashirama, drilling holes into him. He had discovered that the men that were with Mito were her father, his advisor, and two of his best shinobi. Besides them, it was just Hashirama, Tobirama, and one of the Feudal Lords at the table.

"Now that we have discussed business, we should speak about the elephant in the room since my daughter is away," Mito's father announced.

Hashirama glanced over to Tobirama, who appeared uncomfortable with the change of subject. He was promised the topic of Madara wouldn't be brought up during the meeting. When will Hashirama learn to not expect things to go according to plan?

"It's been taken care of, Lord Uzumaki. There's nothing to be said," Tobirama remarked, sounding a bit annoyed.

"He's marrying my daughter as a way to keep him from doing horrendous acts with that evil Uchiha. I have a right to be concerned, Tobirama." Mito's father glared at the two brothers.

"My brother is aware that it's forbidden. He will be completely devoted to your daughter." Tobirama assured. "Right, Hashirama?"

Hashirama nodded, not because he agreed, but because he had no choice in the matter. He wasn't allowed to protest this.

"What if the Uchiha tries to harm her? Are there measures in place to prevent that?" her father continued.

"The Uchiha? He has a name." Hashirama thought to himself.

The men looked over at the Feudal Lord who began to speak. "She will have protection, sir. Her safety is guaranteed."

"And you," Lord Uzumaki bellowed, staring directly at Hashirama, "I hope your nasty affair is over, or else, there will be hell to pay."

Hashirama's face turned a bright shade of red. It was far from over, at least on his end. His mouth felt dry and his heart raced. "It's over, Lord Uzumaki. You have nothing to worry about."

Mito's father seemed satisfied with his answer and looked back over to Tobirama. "We will return next week for the wedding, so we will continue this then."

Everyone stood up from the table and began making their way out of the room. Hashirama stayed seated, feeling like he was in a daze. So much has happened in the last few hours, and he just needed a moment to process everything.

Hashirama heard footsteps come back into the room. "Hashirama? Why are you still sitting there? You should be going to see Lady Mito."

He looked up to see Tobirama standing in the doorway. He had a look of confusion as he peered at Hashirama.

"Right. I should go find her," Hashirama answered in a gloomy voice.

He got up from his seat and brushed past his brother. Before he could make it down the hall, he heard Tobirama call out to him, "Don't act like this around her."

Hashirama ignored him and continued walking towards the location Mito was at.

_________________________________

When Hashirama arrived, he found Mito surrounded by aides that were helping prepare for their wedding. She had different fabrics, jewelry, and papers laid out in front of her at a desk. Her attention was focused on that, so she didn't even notice Hashirama was in the room.