52章

i am sorry if u hated that last chapter <3
(jk i do what i want but u can thank castlevania for the inspiration)
but PLEASE TRUST ME i have my reasons
____________________________________

The days following the humiliating night, Hashirama didn't see nor hear from Madara. He kept to himself most of the time. All he could muster up the energy to do is go to work and then come home. Mito would try to talk to him and apologized profusely, but her words just went right through Hashirama. They didn't mean anything if they weren't coming from Madara.

Hashirama sat behind his desk, forcing himself to get through the stack of reports beside him. The one good thing about it all is that he was able to get ahead on things in the village. It was his only distraction.

He had talked to Tobirama a day or two after the ordeal, and he had finally explained what he meant about Madara.

"Madara has been up to something. There's some tension in his clan. Kagami has been filling me in about the secret meetings he has been holding. You are the only person I know that might be able to get through to him before he does something he regrets." Tobirama explained.

"But what is he doing? Do you know?" Hashirama questioned.

"Nothing is certain. But whatever it is, the Uchiha clan is not happy about it."

The conversation weighed heavily on his mind. He noticed a change in Madara recently. He seemed more reckless than usual.

Hashirama couldn't help but feel like he was to blame for it all. He was blinded by his adoration for him. He looked past it and was oblivious to his actions and words, hoping his love could save him.

*knock knock*

Hashirama silently groaned to himself, not really wanting to be disturbed by anyone. "Come in."

He kept his focus on his work, hoping whoever it was would realize he was too busy to be bothered.

"It's been awhile, hasn't it?" Madara announced, gently pushing the papers Hashirama held up down with his fingers.

Despite everything, Hashirama felt a surge of excitement. His eyes lit up at the sight of Madara.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were-"

"I want to show you something. I think it's the answer to our problems. But before I do that, I want to make up for how things ended the last time we saw each other." Madara smiled.

Something was off. His whole demeanor was different. He had a certain aura of confidence that was almost unsettling.

"Well, what do you have in mind?" Hashirama pondered, keeping his calm.

"It's a surprise," Madara simply answered.

Hashirama watched him as he left the room. On one hand, he was happy that Madara held no resentment, but on the other, he felt like something was about to go terribly wrong again.

I've been listening to Tobirama too much. I shouldn't hold judgement...

Yet.

___________________________________

Madara met back up with him in the office and patiently waited as Hashirama finished organizing plans and papers.

"Will you at least give me a hint?" Hashirama teased.

Madara smirked. "Nope."

Hashirama smiled, but deep down he felt overwhelming sadness. It felt too good to be true.

"I'm ready to go whenever you are," Hashirama sighed as he put away the last of the reports.

He followed Madara out, both of them looking around for anyone who might possibly see them. Hashirama wanted to be excited, but he couldn't stop himself from feeling nervous.

Madara led him to a place a little bit past where the Uchiha clan resided in the village. Hashirama watched as he opened an entrance to some sort of an underground bunker.

"What is this?" Hashirama asked with a bit of hesitancy.

"Just trust me. You can do that, right?" Madara expressed confidently.

Hashirama could tell that meant something more, but he allowed himself to walk down the stairs.

The room was mostly dark. It took a moment for Hashirama's eyes to adjust.

"I'll light some candles for you," Madara spoke softly.

As each candle lit up, Hashirama could finally see where he was. It was the place where the Uchiha clan held meetings. The walls were covered by shelves that held all of their history inside books and scrolls. There was only a rare few outside of the clan that ever got to come inside the room.

"Am I getting a history lesson?" Hashirama joked light-heartedly.

"No. I wanted a place to talk to you privately. I think we should talk about our future together," Madara explained as he lit the last of the candles.

Hashirama watched him as he walked over to him. He was greeted by his warm embrace.

"So let's talk," Hashirama hummed.

Madara smiled as he looked up at Hashirama. "Do you know how much you mean to me?"

"I might have an idea, but I wouldn't mind hearing you tell me," Hashirama grinned.

Madara took a deep breath before he began to speak. It was apparent his confidence was wavering and his nerves were coming out.

"You have been my motivation for everything in my life. As children, you motivated me to have dreams of a better future. In the war, you motivated me to become stronger than ever before. And now, you motivate me to want better for us," Madara began.

His smile began to falter a bit, causing concern in Hashirama.

"I love you more than you could possibly understand. I would do anything to have you and to have just us," he continued.

"Why are you being so soft, Madara?" Hashirama blushed.

Instead of answering, Madara pulled him down to meet his lips. Hashirama could feel how much he meant what he said in his kiss. It was intense, yet so gentle.

"Do you trust me, Hashirama?" Madara whispered as his lips brushed against Hashirama's.

"Of course I do," Hashirama replied.

Madara smiled before pulling him in again. His hands dug into Hashirama's long, brown hair, tugging him as close as possible.

Hashirama's arms wrapped Madara's waist, lifting him up off the ground. Normally, Madara would protest and say something like "This isn't very manly," but instead, he allowed him to whisk him away.

"I love you," Hashirama hummed before kissing him again.

Things were perfect, but the night had only just begun...