3

Colby's POV

"Babe! Have you seen my black sweater?" I called out, sorting through my clothes. I was packing my bag since I was leaving in the morning for my trip.

We spent the past couple days getting ready for this trip. Violet still wasn't on board with us going but she at least was trying to support us.

Violet walked into the room a few minutes later wearing the black sweater I was looking for. I grinned at her for a second, taking her in.

The sweater was much larger on her, going down to her mid thigh. She was wearing short shorts which you could barely see from the bottom of the sweater.

"This one?" She asked as she bundled the sleeves in her hands. "That's the one." I said as she frowned. "I like this one." She said and looked down at it.

"You can wear it, I'll find something else." I said with a grin then turned towards my clothes. "What time is your flight tomorrow?" Violet asked as she sat on the floor, pulling her knees to her chest.

"9am." I said as she chewed her lip. "I know you're nervous, baby. It's gonna be okay, I promise." I said as she nodded.

Violet didn't say anything as she nervously picked at her nails, which meant she was holding something back.

"What's going on, V? You know you can talk to me." I said then crouched down to be level with her.

"What if it follows you home?" She asked quietly as I frowned. "We're gonna be really careful. I'm not gonna bring anything home that will put you and the twins in danger." I said as she nodded.

"Okay...let's get you packed up then." She said then reached for my suitcase, pulling it closer to her. "You're gonna help me?" I asked as she nodded. "You have to look hot so we can pay the bills." She said as I chuckled.

"I'm always hot." I said as she giggled. "Yeah, okay dude." She teased then held her hand out so she could take jeans I was holding in my hand.

We spent the next hour or so packing bag for me. We got distracted a couple times by the girls waking up so we ended up bringing them into the closet with us so they could play.

"Alright, I think that's good." I said and zipped my bag up. "Great! Let's unpack it." Violet said as she held each of the girls hands. "We will when I come back in five days, completely unscathed." I said then sat down on the ground next to Violet.

"I just have such a bad feeling about this. I'm trying to be supportive but this is hard." She said and rested her head on my shoulder.

"I know, V. I'm grateful that you're trying to be supportive, it really means a lot to me." I said as Luna looked up at me and reached her arms out towards me.

"Did you want to cuddle, pumpkin?" I asked and pulled her into my lap. "I'm gonna miss you." I said as she smiled up at me. I smiled at her for a second before Nova fussed and smacked my leg.

"Yeah yeah, I'm gonna miss you too, sassy." I said as Violet laughed. "Better hold her before she seeks revenge." She said as I scooped Nova into my arms.

"Are you hungry?" Violet asked as I nodded. "I could eat." I said as she nodded. "Well then let's bring this cuddle fest to the kitchen." She said then stood up.

"What did you want me to make?" Violet asked as we walked down the stairs. "I don't know. Is there anything you want to make?" I asked as she shrugged.

"I'm gonna look in dad's cookbook." Violet said then walked over to the cabinet where the cookbook was.

I ended up sitting down at the island with the girls as Violet flipped through the pages of her cookbook.